Rear Disc Brakes, Not another thread!!!!!! Club Jeffie FEELER!!!! - Page 21 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Rear Disc Brakes, Not another thread!!!!!! Club Jeffie FEELER!!!!
Monday, August 22, 2011 11:44 PM
Quick question, will these bolt up to a 94 (2nd gen)? If so I'm in for a set of 3/8" if still available. Also how does the group purchase work in terms of paying and shipping, it's new to me.

94 Cavalier - Red Bullet - 198k An Goin Strong
82 Cutlass - Gutlass - The PITA Project

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:18 AM
I cant say 100% but I'm fairly confident they will work with the all years 82-05.

All years use the same hub spec wise just minor changes for ABS and what not.

As for the GP you get your name on the list, then you pay to secure that spot.

They will be shipping within the next week.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 7:43 AM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:I cant say 100% but I'm fairly confident they will work with the all years 82-05.

All years use the same hub spec wise just minor changes for ABS and what not.

As for the GP you get your name on the list, then you pay to secure that spot.

They will be shipping within the next week.[/quote]

I wish this was like facebook so I could "Like" the hell outta that statement!!
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:09 PM
We need more pics of the piece to get on Junkyard. Except Calipers&Slides, Pads and Rotors and Jeffie Brackets.

Thank

Boost Lover
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:54 PM
Yoecotec wrote:We need more pics of the piece to get on Junkyard. Except Calipers&Slides, Pads and Rotors and Jeffie Brackets.

Thank

Quote from GP thread... Rockauto is a good place to source these parts that you don't want to get from a junk yard.

Slowzee wrote:List of Parts needed:

2-Adapter spacers
2-Saturn 91-98 S-Series rear disc calipers,1-Right side and 1- Left Side(I order parts for a 95 saturn SC2 with rear discs)
2-Rear caliper support brackets 1-Right side and 1-Left side(The bracket the caliper sits in and bolts too, it also holds the pads) from the same application as above.
1-Set of rear brake pads for the same application as above
1-Rear Disc Brake Hardware kit for the same application as above, this will contain the shims that mount in the caliper bracket to keep the pads from rattling
4-Bolts that hold the caliper brackets to the knuckle on the saturn(Also the same bolts that attach the hub to knucle on the rear of the saturn)
8-10mm washers(For the 3/8 guys and gals only)to take up slack in the bolt that attaches the caliper bracket to the adapter spacers, if these are not used the bolts are close to the rotor as they are just slightly too long and could potentially hit, Or you could buy custom lenght bolts
2- Saturn rear brake hoses,(The hoses that go from the steel line to the caliper) 1-RIght side and 1-Left side
4-Caliper Pins, 2 for the right side and 2 for the left side, Each side takes a large and small diameter pin
2-Saturn S-Series rear disc brake rotors redrilled in 5x100(and 10 minutes to drill them both with a cordless)

you must retain the stock jbody ebrake cables. And the Saturn brake hose attaches to the factory jbody steel brake line that screwed into the wheel cylinder

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:47 PM
I would like to work in conjuction with someone to create a list for all the required parts online. Feel free to PM me and i will do what i can to help but i do not know a lot about this stuff but i tried to get the ball rolling. Feel free to look this over and let me know what we can add and take away...

Parts List: Pontiac Rear Brake Rotor Setup
Parts: All Saturn S series 1995-1998
Order for 1995 sc2¡K

1) 2-Saturn 91-98 S-Series rear disc calipers,
1-Right side: $66
Right caliper

1- Left Side: $66
Left Caliper

2) 2-Rear caliper support brackets
1-Right side
1-Left side (The bracket the caliper sits in and bolts too, it also holds the pads) from the same application as above.

3) 1-Set of rear brake pads for the same application as above
Hawk HPS Part Number: HFHB359F543 = $63
Hawk HPS

4) 1-Rear Disc Brake Hardware kit for the same application as above, this will contain the shims that mount in the caliper bracket to keep the pads from rattling
CENTRIC REAR BRAKE HARDWARE: $10
Hardware Kit

5) 4-Bolts that hold the caliper brackets to the knuckle on the Saturn(Also the same bolts that attach the hub to knuckle on the rear of the Saturn)

6) 8-10mm washers(For the 3/8 guys only)to take up slack in the bolt that attaches the caliper bracket to the adapter spacers, if these are not used the bolts are close to the rotor as they are just slightly too long and could potentially hit, Or you could buy custom length bolts

7) 2- Saturn rear brake hoses,(The hoses that go from the steel line to the caliper)
1-RIght side: $10
1-Left side: $10
Brake Hose

8) 4-Caliper Pins
2 for the right side
2 for the left side, Each side takes a large and small diameter pin

9) 2-Saturn S-Series rear disc brake rotors redrilled to 5x100(and 10 minutes to drill them both with a cordless)
PowerSlot Rotors: $132
Rotors
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:55 PM
if anyone needs a set of calipers, with bolts and hardware (one saturn has the rotor with good pads)
i went to the junkyard and can pick up another set, just pm me.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:09 PM
Sold spare, ill post in classified if I come by more.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:33 AM
I can probably get another set or two as well if requested, but I'm not pulling them without intrest
Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:50 AM
JZ wrote:
1-Right side
1-Left side (The bracket the caliper sits in and bolts too, it also holds the pads) from the same application as above.

I seek on the net and i can't found any place who sale the Rear Caliper Support Brackets (bracket whot bolt in Caliper and Jeffie Brackets). B.O. from the GM.
I check in Local JuckYarks too and he don't have that

Boost Lover
Thursday, August 25, 2011 11:49 AM
Yoecotec wrote:
JZ wrote:
1-Right side

I seek on the net and i can't found any place who sale the Rear Caliper Support Brackets (bracket whot bolt in Caliper and Jeffie Brackets). B.O. from the GM.
I check in Local JuckYarks too and he don't have that

Rock auto has both caliper brackets... I can get them for like 10 a piece at the pick n pull if you'd need.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:02 PM
I have another question for anyone that might know, is there a code in the vin number of the saturns so that I can have the pick n pull look up to see how many they have in stock? All their vehicles are logged in with a vin and stock number so that could help me find parts for anyone wanting...
Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:06 PM
No way to tell, here's the vin decoder anyways. Your text to link here... SC2's are the most likely to have them, I dont think it was very common for an SC2 to not have rear disks. Wagons and sedans are about 50/50.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:40 PM
* be sure to get the right model of disk, I found an 95 staurn with a different type of caliper.
Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:43 PM
michael castrechino wrote:* be sure to get the right model of disk, I found an 95 staurn with a different type of caliper.

Um what? in 95 there was only 1 saturn rear disk and it was the right one. There was no aftermarket stuff and there is also ZERO different car swaps (like we have the neon disk thing). Sure you didnt get the fronts?

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:07 PM
My wife had a 01 SC2, but no re-disc.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:12 PM
I did a bit more digging on the brake info and grabbed some more form saturnwiki

Brakes

The rear disc brakes from any s-series will replace any s-series that has rear drums
[edit]
Disk Brake Conversion

For some reason Saturn decided to change the E-brake cables six different times. The models listed below each have their own style E-brake cable. There are two different lengths (short wheelbase, and long).
Also, in '95 Saturn decided to change the connector at the E-brake cable. This continued till midway through '97, then they went BACK to the original style.
91-94 SC/SC1/SC2
91-94 sedans and wagons and all 97-02 cars (97 with VIN#s VZ334256 (sdn) VZ334335 (wgn) and VZ334269 (cpe) & higher
95-96 SC1/SC2
95-96 sdns, wgns, all 97 models with VIN #'s VZ344255 (sedans) VZ344334 (wagons) and VZ334268 (coupes) and prior

A thing to watch for. Jeffie, which calipers did you use? Since only one of them will have the connector style.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:40 PM
The Saturn cables are different. Since factory e-brake cables from our J's are being used, this won't be a problem with us. Calipers are the same from beginning to end of production.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, August 26, 2011 12:40 AM
Roofy wrote:The Saturn cables are different. Since factory e-brake cables from our J's are being used, this won't be a problem with us. Calipers are the same from beginning to end of production.

This is exactly correct. The calipers are exactly the same, and if not they are very close/similar enough to use the same hookup, otherwise when you cross reference the part numbers for them they wouldn't show up as available for all 1992-2001 or whatever the cutoff years are.
Friday, August 26, 2011 6:16 AM
Just checking.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:34 PM
went to the junkyard today and couldn't find anything. so if anyone can get me a set at the yard that would be great.
thanx

Monday, August 29, 2011 8:41 AM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:I did a bit more digging on the brake info and grabbed some more form saturnwiki

Brakes

The rear disc brakes from any s-series will replace any s-series that has rear drums
[edit]
Disk Brake Conversion

For some reason Saturn decided to change the E-brake cables six different times. The models listed below each have their own style E-brake cable. There are two different lengths (short wheelbase, and long).
Also, in '95 Saturn decided to change the connector at the E-brake cable. This continued till midway through '97, then they went BACK to the original style.
91-94 SC/SC1/SC2
91-94 sedans and wagons and all 97-02 cars (97 with VIN#s VZ334256 (sdn) VZ334335 (wgn) and VZ334269 (cpe) & higher
95-96 SC1/SC2
95-96 sdns, wgns, all 97 models with VIN #'s VZ344255 (sedans) VZ344334 (wagons) and VZ334268 (coupes) and prior

A thing to watch for. Jeffie, which calipers did you use? Since only one of them will have the connector style.

thanks!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, September 09, 2011 9:12 PM
WTH happened to the pics on the first page?????

Saturday, September 10, 2011 4:46 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:WTH happened to the pics on the first page?????

On vacation
Monday, September 26, 2011 7:45 PM
can someone take a photo of their ebrake cable holder brackets? Since they have to be made (or acquired from the junk yard), i'd like to get a visual of what i have to make.. Thank you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search