cutting coils - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: cutting coils, dumb idea, not safe!
Monday, November 05, 2012 5:37 PM

Dear James instead of responding myself to you i'll let this expert do it for me cause i still don't know why people like you aren't happy in this beautiful world !

Written by M.Farouk Radwan, MSc.

Why do people complain so much
In my previous article Why do people complain all the time i said that some people complain instead of taking responsibility because they are afraid to test their self worth or admit their mistakes.
But there are other reasons that motivate people to complain and that has nothing to do with taking responsibility.
Why would a beautiful girl complain all the time about girls who try to imitate her style and looks?
Why would a rich man complain about bad eye all the time?
Why would the first in college complain about the difficulty of the studies?
This is why those people complain so much
In the Solid Self confidence program i said that each and every person living on this plants wants to become stronger, more resourceful and if possible superior to others.
People have varying ways of doing things, some people do it by making extraordinary achievements others do it by putting people down while a third group does it by complaining so much!!
But what does complaining has to do with feeling superior to others?
Complaining is an indirect way of talking about ones achievements without being caught!
If a very beautiful girl said "oh look how beautiful i am " everyone will hate her but if she complained about girls who imitate her she will be asserting her beauty in an intelligent way.
The guy who complains about bad eye all the time actually wants to remind his friends of his superb achievements that are worth a bad eye. By the way i do believe in bad eye but i am talking about extremes of behavior.
people who complain about the stupidity of others are actually trying to say that they are very intelligent!

www.funnybikeshow.com

Monday, November 05, 2012 8:38 PM
You're a strange man. And I have PTSD.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:47 AM
Thank you, Dave for the "ignore" button!

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 1:11 PM
Yes the ignore button is a good thing thanks
!

www.funnybikeshow.com
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 1:36 PM
Why even bother with coils? Just run straight bump stops...

It's pretty @!#$in' gangster.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:22 PM
I just got my back struts on. cut off two coils. just chopped them until summer.
Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:51 PM
Cool. You want a cookie?

Friday, April 12, 2013 7:01 AM
Brandon Westerfield wrote:I just got my back struts on. cut off two coils. just chopped them until summer.

I just read your profile, and again I'll say:
Mr. Quick wrote:Thank you, Dave for the "ignore" button!

Brandon Westerfields profile wrote:My name is brandon Westerfield.I am seventeen years old and of course im in highschool.Not planning on going to collegue.Hopefully will work at a body shop or autoparts store.We will see i guess.I own a 1999 Pontiac sunfire gt.Has a 2.4 liter dohc with long tube header.unorthodox raceing underdrive pulley. high flow catalyticic converter, three inch exhaust.injen technologies cold air intake. and yes the car is a five speed. I wouldn't have all that on a automatic car.

and...
Quote:

MODIFICATIONS

Engine:

•pacesetter long tube header
•injen technoligies cold air intake.unorthodox under drive pulleys
•high flow cat. three inch exhaust. y pipe
•magnaflow fart cans.

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
•none.

Interior:
•shortened shifter
•reverse glow guages
•apc pedals
•boss 240w stereo
•street glow neon kit
•Alien head domelight
•2nd gen console swap.smoothended and flat black interior pieces.

Exterior:
•trim removal.Getting lowered and evil eye hood and spoiler deleate this summer.antena deleate.

Audio:
•boss stereo.alpine dc straight 1ooo watt amp. Dual™ 12" subs.sealed box(no brand)

Future:
•evil eye hood
•chopping springs
•spoiler deleate
•antenna deleate

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 12, 2013 7:06 AM

Friday, April 12, 2013 8:39 AM
Brandon Westerfield wrote:I just got my back struts on. cut off two coils. just chopped them until summer.

You give the few High School students on here a bad image. Learn how to spell and use actual grammar like a civilized person please.

4 lug wheel covers but 5 lug wheels underneath. Sleeper status yo...
Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:45 AM
I like turtles
Monday, April 15, 2013 7:53 AM
Brandon Westerfields profile wrote:•2nd gen console swap.smoothended and flat black interior pieces.

That's a first. I'm not sure why anyone would want to put a 2nd gen console in a 3rd gen. Pics?

No really, I'm serious.

Monday, April 15, 2013 11:46 AM
its just temporary. I didnt really wanna do but did anyways. when i get job its getting what ever the cheapest struts is and then dna springs.
Monday, April 15, 2013 12:48 PM
James Cahill wrote:
Brandon Westerfields profile wrote:•2nd gen console swap.smoothended and flat black interior pieces.

That's a first. I'm not sure why anyone would want to put a 2nd gen console in a 3rd gen. Pics?

No really, I'm serious.

my bad. before i realised all sunfires are third gen. at first i thought they were classified as first gen:95-99. second gen:2000-2002. third gen:2003-2005.
i put the console with dual cup holders in my fire. and for the people giveing all the crap, its temporary i dont have the money right now. its not even on the road yet. its just till i can afford a better set up but i guess this site is only for the loaded people.
Monday, April 15, 2013 2:34 PM
Brandon Westerfield wrote:its just temporary. I didnt really wanna do but did anyways. when i get job its getting what ever the cheapest struts is and then dna springs.

well if your getting the cheapest struts that means they are going to be oem equivalents which means you might as well just leave you cut coils on your car, as oem's are not designed for lowering springs and will blow out and probably kill you or some innocent by standard.... don't be cheap! save your pennies and get the proper suspension, or dont even bother with it.

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:39 PM
Cheapest struts and dna springs.
Just stop.

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:47 PM
Brandon Westerfield wrote:
James Cahill wrote:

No really, I'm serious.

my bad. before i realised all sunfires are third gen. at first i thought they were classified as first gen:95-99. second gen:2000-2002. third gen:2003-2005.
i put the console with dual cup holders in my fire. and for the people giveing all the crap, its temporary i dont have the money right now. its not even on the road yet. its just till i can afford a better set up but i guess this site is only for the loaded people.

Loaded? Ya right. I built my car on a minimum wage budget at the age of 16-19. Its called SAVING money for WELL PLACED mods. Not throwing money at tons of stupid cheap @!#$.

Monday, April 15, 2013 4:50 PM
Brian wrote:
Brandon Westerfield wrote:
James Cahill wrote:

No really, I'm serious.

Loaded? Ya right. I built my car on a minimum wage budget at the age of 16-19. Its called SAVING money for WELL PLACED mods. Not throwing money at tons of stupid cheap @!#$.
+1 Paying for the car and insurance doesn't leave much money for mods, but patience does. There is plenty of time in the future to modify the car.

4 lug wheel covers but 5 lug wheels underneath. Sleeper status yo...
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:32 AM
when i said cheapest i didnt mean super cheap.their the cheapest i found on andys auto sport.getting the kyb struts. n i am saveing money actually. i cut the coils two inches to see if it would set low enough for my standards so i dont buy springs that i dont like.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:33 AM
is the kyb gr2 struts good?
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:36 AM
http://www.andysautosport.com/pontiac/1995_2002_sunfire/suspension/struts_and_shocks/kyb/

can anyone tell me the difference in the 341244 and SR4025
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:44 AM
GR-2's arent meant for a drop. Save up and buy the AGX's.

Dave

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:29 AM
David Fairhurst- ICEMAN 101 wrote:GR-2's arent meant for a drop. Save up and buy the AGX's.

Dave

Ignore him and save up for coilovers.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:31 PM
Brandon Westerfield wrote:http://www.andysautosport.com/pontiac/1995_2002_sunfire/suspension/struts_and_shocks/kyb/

I hope you never work at a parts store I shop at. You do realize that you are posting in a thread that is titled "cutting coils, dumb idea, not safe!" and bragging about how you cut your coils?

Well hey, somebody has to flip burgers

-I drive my car to work-
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:56 AM
none wrote:
Brandon Westerfield wrote:http://www.andysautosport.com/pontiac/1995_2002_sunfire/suspension/struts_and_shocks/kyb/

I hope you never work at a parts store I shop at. You do realize that you are posting in a thread that is titled "cutting coils, dumb idea, not safe!" and bragging about how you cut your coils?

umm well if you read then you would know my fire isnt on the road their chopped to get a relative idea of what i want.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:21 PM
none wrote:

wasnt bragging. didnt wanna do it and then got talked into it. so my dad chopped them. I have a job now so the car is a actual going project and im getting kyb struts and and not sure about springs yet.Im saveing money for body work for now and then suspension and then it hits the road.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search