BC coilovers for a JBO????? - Page 3 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BC coilovers for a JBO?????
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:19 PM
I wouldnt doubt they would.

They make them for alot of other vehicles and considering how basic ours is I cant see why not with enough interest. Id be down for a set 100% since ill be buying them this spring with the swift upgrade.

You can contact them here......or I may if nothing comes of it.

http://www.bcracing-na.com/

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:38 PM
i cant decide what i want to do for my cars. the teins i wanted for my 97z and i wanted sportlines and dspecs for the white car but now i think i want coilovers for all three cars. maybe bc's for the white car and std's for silver, i dont know yet.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:13 AM
Philly D wrote:I really want these just cant decide over extreme or regular drop.

I want to have it reasonably low like maybe starting to tuck tire, maybe a ouch lower. Wish I knew how los the regular series actually brings it down.

X2

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:38 PM
For those wanting to know...

I contacted BC a couple days ago and they are not interested in making a rear mount for us. They feel that our stock mount works just fine.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:16 PM
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of these for my Accord. Super excited.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:04 AM
Im glad people are still interested in getting them, I want to see another J body with a pair. if anyone needs info or pictures let me know Ill be glad to help

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:33 AM
I still plan on getting a set. Just got to recover a bit from another big purchase I made first.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:30 AM
I wish I woulda got BCs rather than GCs... hah.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:54 AM
I just ordered my set.

I'll post pics when they show up.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:29 AM
Philly D wrote:I just ordered my set.

I'll post pics when they show up.

did you get them from the same site I ordered?

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:55 PM
Nope.

I ordered them off Circuit Motorsports. They are the retailer off Naisoc and have sold a bunch of sets through them.

I ordered:

BC Br Extreme drop coilovers
7k/5k with Swift spring upgrade
rear adjuster extenders

The extreme drop and extenders are free.

Total came out to $1300 shipped

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:32 PM
damn not bad at all considering the swift springs and the free add ons, cant wait to see them on

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:53 AM
Before I order mine tomorrow I have 2 questions. 1. Do they bolt straight up or is there any modding that needs to be done like on some struts for our cars? and 2. I have an 03 sunfire but they only list them for a cavalier. Cavalier and sunfire suspension setup is the same correct?
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:33 AM
No modding..

Suspensions are all the same.
Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:35 AM
Philly D wrote:I ordered:

Let me know how the ride is with the Swift springs upgrade, and make sure to post pics when you get them.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:25 PM
Link to where you got yours, Philly? I have a friend interested in my RKSport Prostreets, so I figured now is finally the time to go to BC.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, April 12, 2013 1:16 AM
Now if only they made them for the N-body's.....

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Friday, April 12, 2013 5:08 AM
Friday, April 12, 2013 5:30 AM
http://circuitmotorsports.net/bc_racing_coilovers/bc_racing_br_series_coilovers/q02/i-526263.aspx

These are the regular ones without the upgraded springs.

***Just a hint....Sign up on NAISOC or something and contact the guy. That gets you free extended adjusters.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:24 AM
What makes these better than the Tein SS coilovers that have been the top dogs for so long? Even without the turbo the LSD lets me push my AGX and Eibach Pro-kit setup past its limits so I'm considering an upgrade so any advice in comparing what seems to be the top three: Tein SS, BC BR series Coilovers and STD R3/R5 Coilovers?

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:41 AM
When you do the Swift spring upgrade they do get a bit pricey at $1300 and get close to the cost of the Tein SS's. I have read though on other forums that they do ride nicer than the Teins and handle just as good or better.

The pluses and the reason I went with them was the cost, ability to go as low as I want, lowering does not effect strut travel, and they can be rebuilt at home (they are cartridge based so if you blow a strut you just buy and replace the cartridge for $100).

For me it was a toss up.

If you dont get the Swift spring upgrade then your only looking at $1000 shipped so the value is pretty good. The only thing thats annoying now is waiting for them to get shipped out. Since I ordered custom spring rates it takes 4 weeks to get built.

Are they the best. I doubt it, but they fit my budget and do what I needed them to do.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:47 PM
what is this "Swift spring upgrade" anyway?

and let me say ive had teins for 5 years, finally got to use them on my car this week. i have to say they are the nicest riding suspension next to stock i have ever felt in a j-body. even on full stiff they feel loads better than my dpsec/tenzo combo.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:55 PM
The swift spring upgrade is just how it sounds.

Swift springs are one of the best springs you can buy. Bc works with swift and will replace the regular Bc springs with swift springs. Apparently they ride much much nicer since they are a top level spring
Monday, April 22, 2013 4:12 AM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:
Philly D wrote:I ordered:

Let me know how the ride is with the Swift springs upgrade, and make sure to post pics when you get them.

i second this request. just showed my friend these,he also said that the rear mounts may come with Camber adjustments as well..
are you able to verify this when you get your set!!?

(write what ever comment you want here)
Monday, April 22, 2013 5:32 AM
For our cars we do not get rear mounts, so we are using stockers. Some cars may have rear mounts offered but not us.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search