BC coilovers for a JBO????? - Page 4 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BC coilovers for a JBO?????
Monday, April 22, 2013 5:38 AM
what is so hard about doing rear mounts?

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:21 AM
No clue.

Like I had stated before I contacted Bc and they said they won't bother for rear mounts for our cars.
Monday, April 22, 2013 3:53 PM
Just Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:
Philly D wrote:I ordered:

BC Br Extreme drop coilovers
7k/5k with Swift spring upgrade

Let me know how the ride is with the Swift springs upgrade, and make sure to post pics when you get them.

i second this request. just showed my friend these,he also said that the rear mounts may come with Camber adjustments as well..
are you able to verify this when you get your set!!?

Even if you got them with rear camber adjusting mounts... they wouldn't do anything. Twist beam, yo.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:07 PM
Figured that went unsaid hehe..
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:11 AM
Twenty4z wrote:
Just Dave (2 UNIQ) wrote:
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:
Philly D wrote:I ordered:

BC Br Extreme drop coilovers
7k/5k with Swift spring upgrade

Let me know how the ride is with the Swift springs upgrade, and make sure to post pics when you get them.

i second this request. just showed my friend these,he also said that the rear mounts may come with Camber adjustments as well..
are you able to verify this when you get your set!!?

Even if you got them with rear camber adjusting mounts... they wouldn't do anything. Twist beam, yo.

good point ahha, i havent touched the cavy in a few months and forgot about or stupid ass rear beam on FAIL!!

(write what ever comment you want here)
Saturday, May 04, 2013 10:53 AM
They have arrived! Very nice build quality. Even down to a ridiculously overdone badge for the car.

Check out my build thread for pics (newish car build thread) ill be posting up pics later tonight
Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:03 PM
Monday, April 21, 2014 1:20 PM
Ruben Torres wrote:I ordered a set from that website the people there are really friendly, the reason that they are on that site is because I asked them to put it up so I can order them a friend of mine ordered BC coils for his ls400 and talked me into BC's. BC themselves would not give me a warranty with the extreme drop because it has not been done before. Dan from flush stance told me that they would give me a year warranty for them so I went ahead and ordered so as far as i know I am the only one with BC coils with extreme drop and for the price I am very satisfied. when set to soft they ride really good and when I stiffen them up they take corners like no tomorrow they come with pillowtops for the front and they are 30 way adjustable and I lay frame if I really want to but I would still like to be able to drive without worrying about damaging my car, here are some pictures of them

so thats not full drop?

Monday, April 21, 2014 7:17 PM
No.....i can easily put my frame on the ground on ine.
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:52 AM
Philly D wrote:No.....i can easily put my frame on the ground on ine.

great to know! thank you for telling me that. i am now saving for bc racing coils.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:02 PM
Pay the extra for the swift coil upgrade.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:47 PM
looks like im getting a set soon .. was the custom spring setup of 7k/5k worth the wait?
and what kind of setup are you primarly using the 7/5k for daily driving?

(write what ever comment you want here)
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:43 AM
I think so....The car rides great and im pretty damn low.

I preloaded mine like th video from them on youtube said and as for the clicks its all personal preferance. But I know im close to the middle setting.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:01 AM
Been bouncing back and forth between these and the Tiens, but with the custom rated switch springs....I may end up going this way.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:24 AM
I'm also gonna go with these when I pony up and buy coilovers for the coupe. I love the idea of being able to go as low as I want to.
Even though odds are I won't ever drag frame with them, but having the option would be nice.

Thursday, October 02, 2014 5:56 PM
Just installed my rears yesterday. Im pretty sure I have the 6k front springs and 8k rear. The amount of height adjustment on the rear alone is insane. Lower than I'll ever go. The only downside is no adjustable dampening on the rears. I think I put too much preload on them. They don't absorb ANY bumps and low speeds.
Thursday, October 02, 2014 7:15 PM
unless you ordered that rate its not what you got. It will say on the box.
Watch this for preload
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlqOA35NmAw

The rears I rode around for a while on the softest setting and slowly brought it up...they need to break in. There is defiantly dampening adjustment in the rear.

I believe BC's come with 6k front and 4k rear if you dont specify. I went with 7k front and 5k rear.
Thursday, October 02, 2014 7:26 PM
To be honest I didn't look at it that close, the fronts are in my room and I was looking at the spring and it says 62.200.006. I Thought that was a 6k spring. As for the whole setup I bought them used off of ebay and didn't really research them. There aren't damper adjustment knobs on the rears of mine.
Thursday, October 02, 2014 8:04 PM
The knobs are loose on the rears. They arent held in like the fronts. You can always contact BC. You should be able to get a knob easy from them, or use the right sized allen key.

Id help you on the springs but I have the Swift springs. Maybe they switched the springs by accident. You should be stiffer in the front.
Thursday, October 02, 2014 9:12 PM
So I can adjust dampening on the rear with an Allen wrench on the top but? I'm going to look into it more. I'm putting the fronts on this weekend I'll take a look at the tears and see what the number is on them when it's up on the lift. They didn't come with the spanner wrenches either so I ordered some they will be here Monday. Then I'm gonna play around with everything and see if I can make it ride nice. The only thing I don't know about is the camber plates on the front. It seems like a pain to have to take the whole strut off to adjust it.
Thursday, October 02, 2014 9:24 PM
Yeah the standard ones are 6k front 4k rear. I was way wrong.

Friday, October 03, 2014 3:21 AM
Not that hard to make rear mounts.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=163876&t=163876

In my group purchase they are being made now.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, October 03, 2014 3:37 AM
What do you mean take the strut out to adjust?
Friday, October 03, 2014 7:30 AM
The mounts on the front have the slots with Allen keys to adjust the camber. I can't so how you would be able to adjust this after it's been installed. It looks like it would be covered by the strut tower.
Friday, October 03, 2014 8:38 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Been bouncing back and forth between these and the Tiens, but with the custom rated switch springs....I may end up going this way.

Go with these over teins. The swift spring option alone makes it worth it but also keep in mind that teins don't have independently adjustable ride height.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search