D-Specs CHEAP - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
D-Specs CHEAP
Monday, July 30, 2012 3:03 PM
yea its in my other post too, but more clearly here, Tokico has an overstock on D-Spec kits and there going for like 69% off list $421+ shipping for a 1.4" drop is like Ebay cheap for not junk) That's struts and springs. Struts alone i think are oddly less discounted and twice as much lol but yea if lookin for a killer deal click here ~>> http://www.tokicoperformanceshocks.com/p-570-springshock-kit-dsk-series-todsk501.aspx <~~

Re: D-Specs CHEAP
Monday, July 30, 2012 7:46 PM
Nice find, wish I had the money to spare.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:27 PM
its legit, ordered a set tonight and they already shipped. ill post if there's any funny business when i open the box.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:43 PM
Hehe yea...i didn't post this til after my set was ordered Yay for fedex delivering on Saturdays or id prolly go nuts waiting hehe...5 days from cali to maine ain't too bad i guess.Called them a cpl times b4 just to make sure and was told they are going fast but im sure thats just the salesman in em but i imagine the overstock cant be that big , i just can get over how the kit is cheaper than just the shocks hopefully more here get em before they are back to near $1400

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 7:06 PM
Thats like not a whole lot more than oem quick struts from rockauto , only thing not incl i believe is the top mount but was told you just reuse old (or get new) luckily i found out i needed new struts when i was installing new mounts , still can't believe there bad even now but i gotta believe with the PITA it was to put new mount on with shaft not able to stay up by itself at all yet i still get no wave or afterbump effect

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:41 PM
Nice find,
If I knew installing the mounts would not be an issue for me,
I'd be down for a set.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Thursday, August 02, 2012 2:07 PM
Ordered a set! Thanks for the awesome find!!!!!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, August 02, 2012 5:35 PM
Ordered myself a set as well, super awesome find man!!

Dave

Thursday, August 02, 2012 7:08 PM
Looks like they are gone

Friday, August 03, 2012 2:12 AM
Sure does(( both ppl i talked to did say they were going fast but ((...i dont get why there are no kits at all tho even at normal price

Saturday, August 04, 2012 8:40 AM
Well...after a short bout of FedEx rage due to them saying on the phone and via there tracking that its 2 towns away sitting in a truck to be delivered by TUESDAY!! It showed up ......however..there was no installation instructions or tuning guide in the box and also saw no adjuster tool but all else seemed well...just gotta go rent or by a spring compressor and change em out. Still, cant complain for the price, will be sure to take before and after pics when done...tho with the weather what it is i might be doing most of it when the sun goes down and the humidity drops a bit)

Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:14 AM
I never got an adjuster tool when I ordered mine either. I just use a hex key, pretty sure it's 3mm.

Gotta say, I do love my D-Specs!!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, August 04, 2012 1:10 PM
Anyone else happen to have this kit and experience the same, i would just prefer to have all the directions/torque specs etc and breakin info from them before i install. I have new Monroe strut mate mounts , in box for rear and already on car for front struts, i wanted to do the rear asap as its something im confident i can do and they are killing my rear tires atm, so i guess im asking if anyone has a copy of what i shoulda got for paperwork they could scan and post or PM to me?The rear came with a cap and 2 nuts each and the front had the top nut on it and im gonna have to double check but pretty sure the cap as well.For the rear assuming nut and another as a lock nut? Spring installed with tighter wind to top as it seems to fit in perch fine that way and writing on spring is upright that way? Do not recall seeing a rubber on bottom of rear on car but could be rotted away after 140k miles? and mount is basically rubber so......only ask cuz know the front takes both an upper and lower , at least stock did anyway.
As for the adjustment, is there a stop so you cant turn it to far either way? Their site isnt too helpful in the support category , will call them on monday and see if i cant get em to send me the missing stuff but if anyone had it also..?)
Thanks for any help)

Saturday, August 04, 2012 2:05 PM
You can tighten it all the way (7 turns, full stiffness) but when you loosen it up (Softer) I believe you can unscrew it all the way, so be careful.

Here's the booklet that came with mine.

Saturday, August 04, 2012 2:19 PM
Awesome , Thank You)on the install, should all become clear as i take old off? ...were there any install instructions also? I realize its like 3 bolts and 2 nuts but still would hate to miss something stupid..in Search i saw a post saying they didnt even need to compress the rears but thats not the case here...The mount for the rear contained a large washer that im guessing i put between the mount and 2 nuts as without it theres a bit of play when nuts are all the way threaded on

Saturday, August 04, 2012 10:11 PM
I got mine matched up with Ground Control coilovers and OverKill solid mounts so it's a little different on the install. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

What I would do is take a few pictures of how you're putting them together, it'll help understand where you're confused.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 4:13 AM
Ok hoping this works but this is what makes sense to me, what i got here is mount on top of strut, mount bolts/nut just on and the big washer sitting there on right with Tokicos 2 nuts and cap at top:

Here is where im guessing the washer is gunna go:

And the alltogether best i can figure view:

So that all seems to make sense to me i guess...just really dont wanna mess anything up.The only other thing im hesitant on is the spring orientation just gunna guess they would put there name on them and have it be upright and readable when installed which puts the tighter wind at the top but again hate to guess wrong.Oh and should there be an insulator rubber on bottom of spring?

Just really dont wanna mess up and do something to void the warranty heh really wanna get atleast the rears in if possible today.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:40 AM
K, so in looking all over i see no mention of the rubber on the bottom so guess im good there, only thing left is the boot and bumper...not seeing any listing at most parts stores for a rear one tho, was going to try and clean and reuse my old fronts on the rears but bumper hole is much larger. Was really hoping to have them all together before i tore the old ones off so may have to wait and see about that boot

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 11:27 AM
Just got my kit. Looks grate. Came with adjuster and book that's linked to ^^
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:23 PM
My missing stuff on its way but still goin nuts trying to find the boot for the rear. Really didnt wanna reuse any old stuff but if i do ill end up trying to get em outta the JY as i wanna have them all together b4 i tear apart my car .Just cant believe there is NOONE that sells the boot for the rear...aside from GM for i think it was near 130$ for the pair!!!! WTF!

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:00 PM
Find out the measurements for the rear boots, I'm sure you can find some universal ones online.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:18 PM
Boots not the issue actually..i almost think i remember the guy at monroe saying the boot was same front/rear..its the *jounce bumper* thats diff...much smaller shaft on the rears

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:31 PM
Are you talking about the bump stops?
Any way you'd be able to find out the diameter of the shaft?

Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:57 AM
It's a white / yellowish hard rubber piece that goes on ,atleast the front was this way, before the boot and helps hold the boot up and in place on the strut shaft. Rough guess maybe half inch shaft on rears where the front is like three quarters or better.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:53 AM
Darn. a week too late.

I roll on steelies. Work-in-progress daily-sleeper potential.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60493/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search