Stock Front, Lowered rear? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock Front, Lowered rear?
Saturday, July 07, 2012 12:23 PM
I have tokico struts and eibach springs and 18" chromies with very low pro tires... the front two struts/springs have been really rough over the last year and I have a baby on the way now, my wife has said that it's time to consider "fixing my ride". To help even out the ride, I was wondering if anybody on here has done stock front + lowered rear if it looked uneven as @!#$ or what. I've noticed that the fronts dont look nearly as bad with a gap as much as the rears do, but i also dont want it to look like an old muscle car either, cause it is by far the extreme opposite of that.

Opinions? Ideas? Anybody have pics? Help a brotha out.

Re: Stock Front, Lowered rear?
Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:10 PM
I've wondered the same thing. The front gap is tolerable, but the rear is atrocious. I would think a prokit in the back would make it look better than stock and still be drivable.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:56 PM
I've heard the the O.E.M. solid rear mounts should lower the rear to match.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Saturday, July 07, 2012 9:02 PM
If u willing to spend the money look into coilovers they are designed for good lowered performance but yet still give u a reasonable comfort ride. Plus they are adjustable in hight. I've been looking at a set up for my car, price is 1300, so I don't know if that's an option for you with a baby on the way... hmu if you want the link to the coilovers I'm looking at.
Sunday, July 08, 2012 2:09 PM
babies are robust, leave it alone.
Monday, July 09, 2012 6:42 PM
I personally would run a mixture of stock and performance suspension. The springs and struts could react differently and cause an unpredicable situation.

Never know, but I would run the risk. I have both my cav and my DD altima lowered. I have a 17 month old that has riden in the altima numerous times with no issues. As long as it is set up properly you should be good. Blown struts causing a bouncy ride wouldnt be good either way.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:04 PM
DSMskyline wrote:I personally WOULDN'T run a mixture of stock and performance suspension. The springs and struts could react differently and cause an unpredicable situation.

Never know, but I would run the risk. I have both my cav and my DD altima lowered. I have a 17 month old that has riden in the altima numerous times with no issues. As long as it is set up properly you should be good. Blown struts causing a bouncy ride wouldnt be good either way.

Fixed it for you

Friday, July 13, 2012 8:53 PM
Yeah thank you. Phone can be a pain some days.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Saturday, July 14, 2012 2:15 AM
D-specs and sportlines been this way for 4years love it

see ya!

Friday, September 14, 2012 9:33 PM
Would trading the 18s for 16s be an option? I know my cobalt ss was way smoother to drive with the 16" winter tires than the 18" summer tires, still handled great, just bumps were smother and the car didn't wander on uneven roads. I was considering buying 16" summer rims/tires but ended up selling it.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, September 28, 2012 9:53 AM
why would you want your car to look like the rear is sagging all the time. I understand the wheel gap would look better, but the rockers wouldnt be parallel to the ground. That would drive me insane.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:45 PM
lafonjef wrote:
DSMskyline wrote:I personally WOULDN'T run a mixture of stock and performance suspension. The springs and struts could react differently and cause an unpredicable situation.

Never know, but I WOULDNT run the risk. I have both my cav and my DD altima lowered. I have a 17 month old that has riden in the altima numerous times with no issues. As long as it is set up properly you should be good. Blown struts causing a bouncy ride wouldnt be good either way.

Fixed it for you

...and fixed it for YOU. lol

im with spencer.... babies can take the drop LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:45 PM

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:44 PM
rotfl brad haha, no pun intended right
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search