Suspension Time! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension Time!
Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:48 AM
So I was looking to get KYB AGX's and put some Eibach Pro Kits on them. The wheel gap is killing me on this car. Z24's should have came lowered! Anyone used this combination and have any feedback or places to get them cheap? I want to give the car a more aggressive stance but not too far. Plus after like 1.5 inches, costs go up dramatically, or so it looks.

Re: Suspension Time!
Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:18 AM
Check out the vendors on this site, still wish Jason at A Plus was around. Keep an eye on the classifieds for a used setup,I got my Goldline/Koni Red setup for cheap

Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:57 PM
My friend has agx's rides nice, I forget what springs she is on though.

Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:04 PM
A few years back AGXs and Pro-kits were a pretty popular combo.

Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:11 PM
I have KYB-GR2 Struts with Eibach Sportline springs. Ride is sweet and cornering is superb.
Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:59 PM
Except that GR2s are stock replacement and not designed to be lowered on. Especially with Sportlines. Toss some Tockio D-specs on there and you will realize the mistake you made.

Monday, November 26, 2012 12:20 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:A few years back AGXs and Pro-kits were a pretty popular combo.

This is awesome to hear.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My biggest fear with suspension is it riding awful. I could care less if it corners like it's on rails if my ass is bruised at the end of the drive.

I figured I'd go with the AGX's since they're adjustable and the pro kits since it doesn't exceed the 1.5 inch limit on the shocks' warranty. Springs are cheaper than shocks if they go. I'm glad I can get a relatively cheap setup that is going to work out nice. I just can't afford to drop 1k or more on struts and springs currently.

Monday, November 26, 2012 5:04 AM
I would suggest a sportline kit and dspecs instead, I have the prokit and its just not low enough, I have seventeens

Modding my j since I found the org
Monday, November 26, 2012 5:28 AM
I have had my pro kit and AGX's for a long time now. I know they are stiffer, even on the softest setting, then some people like. I personally like them. I ride around with the front on full soft, and the rear on 4 or 5. If you adjust the front or rear too hard you can get some bounce / kick forward or back. If I'm driving spiritedly. I like front on 3 rear on 7.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, November 26, 2012 3:50 PM
yeah good struts and the eibach sportlines you'll like. i dropped on Tein S's in the front and Sportlines in the rear, car handles great! Its a stiffer ride but feels in control 1000x compared to stock. No swaying on the highway. Then get yourself front/rear strut bars and a sway bar. none of this is expensive, and its all noticably better ride afterwards.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, November 26, 2012 4:31 PM
Koni sport springs is what my friend has on her agx's.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:37 AM
Im running AGXs with rksport springs. Rides good. Firm but decent.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:00 PM
I have a set of Pro-Kit springs up for grabs, PM or E-mail me if your interested.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:41 AM
I have them on mine, loved them when I was DD it

I'll put you in some Gravan Coilovers though, brand new, for about the same price if you really wanted

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:48 PM
LowFire wrote:I have them on mine, loved them when I was DD it

I'll put you in some Gravan Coilovers though, brand new, for about the same price if you really wanted

I've never heard of those. Are they good?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:58 PM
Kody LaGreca wrote:
LowFire wrote:I have them on mine, loved them when I was DD it

I've never heard of those. Are they good?

Just educated myself on them. PM sent.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:03 AM
Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:46 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Tons of adjustment can be found with this setup!!

Thanks but I'm gonna be snagging those coilovers from LowFire.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search