03 sunfire lowering kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 sunfire lowering kit
Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:58 PM
im looking to lower my sunfire ROUND 1.5-2" and i see all these spring kits for $200 or less. Im willing to spend around $600-700 total. where is a good place on the net to buy them or a way to make the spring kits work? i know stock struts and lowering springs arent really all that safe help the noob! thanks

Re: 03 sunfire lowering kit
Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:01 PM
save a few more dollars and go buy yourself some tein basic coilovers.

Friday, March 12, 2010 5:16 AM
To answer the question, most good spring kits (not coilovers) are in the $200 range. If you're looking to spend $600-700 total, that is pretty much right in line, as you'll spend around $500 on proper lowering struts. However, you might as well replace your mounts at the same time, so I would budget that in as well. There are a few options here.

As azncav said, for a not much more than your budget, you can get the Tein basics, which is a complete drop-in setup. Although not your only option, it's a very good one.

Friday, March 12, 2010 8:52 AM
If you can live with a 1.4" drop, the eibach pro-kit/ KYB AGX combo is one of the best budget drops you can get - probably well under your max

Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:40 AM
My setup is the eibach springs with tokico d-spec struts. Nice lowered/evened out look nice ride.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:36 PM
Thanks for the replys im still looking around. Im kinda set on a 2" drop I know of a couple spring sets that will do it, but what would the best bang for the buck strut be? What about those tein coilovers? Whats the best place around price wise to pick up a set? Im from canada so shipping from the us would kill me specialy the brokerage fees... thanks for answering the noob questions
Monday, March 22, 2010 1:37 PM
....any know any online dealers in canada for teins?
Sunday, March 28, 2010 7:31 PM
are you lowering it for looks or handing. If its for handling, is it for street or racing or occasional track day?

94 cav mini stock
93 cav track bitch
Monday, March 29, 2010 6:32 PM
go coils if u can man, you'll be much happier, i'd recommend ground controls w/yellows.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:00 AM
nathan page wrote:Thanks for the replys im still looking around. Im kinda set on a 2" drop I know of a couple spring sets that will do it, but what would the best bang for the buck strut be?

For a 2 inch drop I would suggest either the teins listed above or the eibach sportline spring. The sportlines can be coupled with either koni yellows or tokico d-specs. Should be able to get this set-up for around $700. If you don't mind a 1.4 inch drop you could go with the already suggested kyb agx and eiback pro-kit spring. I have this set-up and it ran me around $500

Friday, April 02, 2010 9:45 AM
im doing it for looks and racing. im starting to get into autocross. i already went ahead and ordered tein basics they should be here around wednesday! i couldnt find any dealers around here so i had to order them off the net. thanks for all your replys

Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:22 PM
Could you link me these setups? I can't seem to find them for $500.
Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:54 PM
Friday, April 01, 2010

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:37 PM
April 1st 2010 was a thursday
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search