Lotek lowering kit - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lotek lowering kit
Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:47 AM
I ordered a Lotek coilover kit. Came with struts springs. Pretty much everything I need. Except for instructions. I can't figure out what coilover goes where. Cuz there are 2 different lengths for the coilover sleeves and wasn't sure if the shorter ones go up front or the longer ones go up front or whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Lotek lowering kit
Thursday, June 06, 2013 12:03 PM
Then they gave me a ton of rubber o-rings that I have no idea what they are used for.
Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:02 PM
I've never even heard of Lotek. Why don't you ask them for instructions?

Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:56 PM
Pictures would help us help you.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Friday, June 07, 2013 6:31 AM
I'd be skeptical. Cheap ebay stuff from what I've seen. The images they use in their auctions look like generic coilovers.

As for the sleeves, the longer ones would go in the back. The O rings are for inside the sleeves (you put them on the shock/strut then slide the sleeve over them. If you search this forum, there is a coilover install how-to somewhere.

Friday, June 07, 2013 10:15 AM
I will try to upload some pictures of them when I get home. I tried to fit everything together last night and the neither the long sleeve or short one would go over the front struts. It is a cheap eBay system but it was all I could afford and I didn't want to cut my springs. And the o-rings wouldn't even fit around the strut. Do I have to use an external website to upload pictures? Like photobucket or something?
Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:46 AM
ist lotek a gauge pod company? lol

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Sunday, June 09, 2013 10:59 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:ist lotek a gauge pod company? lol

That's what I thought

Sunday, June 09, 2013 11:30 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:ist lotek a gauge pod company? lol

That's what I thought

bahahahaa true Story!!

(write what ever comment you want here)
Monday, June 10, 2013 6:38 AM
john clair wrote:I tried to fit everything together last night and the neither the long sleeve or short one would go over the front struts.
If this is true, I would contact them immediately and ask them what's up. If they have no viable solution, tell them you'd like them to refund you, including the return shipping. Since it's their struts and their coilovers, there is no excuse for them not to fit.
john clair wrote:It is a cheap eBay system but it was all I could afford and I didn't want to cut my springs.
It's a very important functional part of your car. Do not modify it with cheap stuff because it's all you can afford. You endanger yourself and others on the road when you do this.

Monday, June 17, 2013 10:06 AM
Well I got it all on. Lesson learned, do not buy cheap eBay stuff like that. It rides like a log wagon. I will be pulling off Tue coilovers and put the stock springs back on asap. Ill save up for a good kit. Thanks guys.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:16 AM
I prefer the term haywagon myself. lol.

Good to see you can at least recognize terrible ride quality... definitely save up for a good kit you will be happier by a mile.

I have Tein basics now and while they are a hell of a lot better than GroundControls and Koni Reds I still wish they were STD units.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search