Rear trailing arm bushing Club Jeffie FEELER. - Page 10 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Rear trailing arm bushing Club Jeffie FEELER.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:49 PM
Got my bushings today...thanks!

Now they sit in my closet till I find time to install.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 12:16 AM
Just finished installing mine. Had to remove the rear axle from the car. The rubber part was easy, the metal sleeves were the biggest PITA I've yet experienced on my car.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:20 AM
^How did you remove yours?
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:37 AM
Removed the.axle from my car. Heated up the metal sleeve til it melted away from the rubber, then it slid out easy. Burn the rubber and let it melt away. It tales some time. Then I took.a.hammer and punch and smashed in the flange of the sleeve where it sits against the outside of the axle. Then I hammered it out from the outside.in. after that I used a cylinder hone in the bushing bore to clean and polish everything up. Then I lubed the bore.up with ceramic teflon grease. Knocked the bushings in with a hammer and block of wood. Then I knocked the sleeves in after lubing them with the grease.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:54 AM
That sounds harder than the way I got my rubber out drilled a couple 3/8 holes in it, cut around through the rubber with a sawsal (wood blade). Pull a ton out. Burn the rest out use one of those fire blankets, scraping with a screw driver makes it go faster. Once I get a couple measurements and fix mine I plan on cutting the sleeve out with the sawsal, 3 cuts then pull it out with pliers.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:02 PM
Hey I missed out on this deal. I was informed that if there is more interest (at least 10 orders) he can get another group purchase going.

Unless there is someone that decided they would rather just sell me their set lol

Anybody down?

-I drive my car to work-
Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:39 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:That sounds harder than the way I got my rubber out drilled a couple 3/8 holes in it, cut around through the rubber with a sawsal (wood blade). Pull a ton out. Burn the rest out use one of those fire blankets, scraping with a screw driver makes it go faster. Once I get a couple measurements and fix mine I plan on cutting the sleeve out with the sawsal, 3 cuts then pull it out with pliers.

when i did mine, one cut with the sawzall was all it took... the sawzall actually ripped the metal sleeve out once it had cut through it.

just thought i'd drop in and update...

7 autox events (8 days of racing) with teh jeffie's bushings and they are holding up great!

Friday, February 03, 2012 8:28 AM
A bit late to the party here, but is there still a possibility of getting these somewhere?

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:25 PM
what kind of lube do i use to install these?

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:26 PM
subscribed

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search