Jeffie Saturn swap question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jeffie Saturn swap question
Monday, May 19, 2014 9:45 AM
So I have the parts for the swap, and hell they are even installed already. BUT did anyone else notice that the bolts that came with the brackets leave a lot of slack in the holes. I know that tightening will take it away, but is anyone concerned about that due to shear forces and things.

Re: Jeffie Saturn swap question
Monday, May 19, 2014 1:14 PM
wow really? Thats not good! many sets made we will see what the answer is when he posts.. I did that with the billet fuel rails as there were manufacturing inconsistancies with the eco heads.. I wonder if that is why..

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:25 PM
jason norwood wrote:wow really? Thats not good! many sets made we will see what the answer is when he posts.. I did that with the billet fuel rails as there were manufacturing inconsistancies with the eco heads.. I wonder if that is why..

i should clarify. the bolts that cam with the kit are M10x1.5. i assume that is what was on the car stock, and these bolts ae simply longer. However, a 7/16x20 bolt snugly fits the holes on the bracket, but would need the holes on the hub and axle mount flange drilled out.

i could let it be and just let the brake bracket be sandwiched where it goes at the extent of its travel in the upward most position, since that is where it would be with the load on it anyways. I just want to see if anyone else had the same issue?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:30 AM
does no one else have any input on this> come on guys

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:21 AM
In all honesty, I wouldn't be terribly worried about it, as long as you torque the bolts down well.

The truth is that if you line it up well, there's no more danger of the bolts breaking than if the holes were tight. Personally, I like the holes so that the bolt just barely slides through, but having a little play in the piece that get's sandwiched isn't going to be a big deal. Just take your time lining them up.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:05 AM
I have yet to install my kit. I know John Higgins just installed his. The bolts Jeffie supplied are something like grade 10.9 or higher. I do not really remember exactly though. Ideally shoulder bolts would be used, but the M10x1.5mm bolts are what came stock, and should work fine if they are torqued properly.

I'm probably going to run ARP bolts....since I think I have some in stock. lol

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, May 25, 2014 10:32 PM
1997 Saturn parts are all swapped in and working. However. I have a drag on both calipers. Both pistons were all the way turned in, and rotors and pads were both new. Should I take apart and try to turn the pistons in more? or just let it be? Also need to figure out how to adjust the e-brake. Any advice?

Monday, May 26, 2014 11:21 AM
Ebrake is self adjusting.

I had a small drag on mine as well. One actually was getting hot. I had a very small leak in one of the brake lines. Once fixed the dragging that was causing heat was gone.

FU Tuning

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:48 PM
how would a leak cause drag?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search