wheel hub question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wheel hub question
Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:58 PM
I recently changed both front wheel hubs, rotors and brakes but I noticed when I was swapping my end links my rotor wobbled slightly. Nothing significant but it was noticeable, naturally I checked my axle nut and it was as tight as possible without breaking as was my three t55 bolts holding the wheel hub to the steering knuckle. I did however receive two circular metal rings that came with circular gaskets as well. I could not figure out how to use them or even what they were for as not even my old hubs had them but seeing as how my rotor wobbles slightly I am thinking they were some type of added insurance(for lack of a better word) against this wobble.

So what are The are for exactly and should I be concerned about this wobble? Braking and driving are unaffected though. I dun goofed didn't I?

Re: wheel hub question
Thursday, January 28, 2016 5:28 PM
If they are a large ring I'm willing to bet that they fit over the end of the axle shaft between the hub and the knuckle.
You'll want to add these in or you'll be replacing those bearings again soon... Trust me 😉

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Re: wheel hub question
Friday, January 29, 2016 4:59 PM
the rotor will wobble if the wheel is not installed... the wheel/lug nuts keep the rotor pressed tight against the hub surface on the wheel bearing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search