feels like brakes - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
feels like brakes
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:21 PM
I just put on my used enki rims. It is 22lb and has 215/40/17 tires on it. When i stop or slow down it feels like the car is shaken somewhat. Not much but still. The car only does it when i stop and i have only 10k miles on the car. I dont know what it would be. thanks for any input. Sorry if this has been asked but i have been on j-body for 2hrs now and done feel like looking for it. sorry!

Re: feels like brakes
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:51 PM
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 6:11 AM
make sure its correctly on or it might not be balanced
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:35 AM
I had the same thing happen a year ago and it was that I didn't have the nuts tightened down enough. I would check that. otherwise probably need to get them ballanced.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:35 AM
thanks for the post but i had just looked at that before you had posted that. I also understand all that. Thanks for the help . I think it could be a mix of not tightened down enough because as most people know after you drive a few miles with the wheels put on you have to go back and tighten them some more. Also it looks to me when i got the wheels the inside of the rim had lost about about 5 wights on two of the tires and 3 on the other to, about 45-21grams on each rim. But im not for sure, im going to go get them balanced and find out. Tell you how it goes
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search