Lowering Springs QUESTION !! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering Springs QUESTION !!
Monday, February 02, 2015 6:32 PM
I have a 98 cavalier 5 Speed , I just Cut my springs ( Yes i know not the best ideal ) , I want to Know will my Springs Still Settle a few CM ? , I cutt off 2 Nd Half Coils Front from a current 1.8 Drop , and 4 Coils off my back With a Before 2.3 drop , The back didint drop Much even after 4 Coils , Will the springs Settle and Drop lower even tho i Cut them ? Yes i Rolled my Fenders in the Front

Re: Lowering Springs QUESTION !!
Monday, February 02, 2015 6:43 PM
& the Front Springs are New , Never Been used Back been on for about a week and a half , intill i cut them today
Monday, February 02, 2015 8:17 PM
Retard. Put the stock suspension back on before you kill someone. Cutting progressive rate springs isnt just a bad idea, it is a HUGE no-no. You just destroyed one of the most important systems on your car.

Monday, February 02, 2015 8:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ lol best opener ever!! However, he is correct please fix your car before someone is seriously hurt!
Monday, February 02, 2015 8:59 PM
Show me a Decent Pair of Coil-overs & i will put them on .... i Wanted to slam my Cavy , As of now its SLammed...
Monday, February 02, 2015 10:51 PM
Not really how much more unsafe that is then coilovers but yes the springs will settle a bit

ReD RaiN
Tuesday, February 03, 2015 12:11 AM
BC Racing coil-overs are the best for price, quality, and being low.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 6:54 AM
Click Me

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, February 03, 2015 6:58 AM
T!M8!T wrote:Not really how much more unsafe that is then coilovers but yes the springs will settle a bit

100000000x more unsafe than coilovers.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, February 05, 2015 4:02 PM
i bought my cavalier with cut springs front and rear and those were the first things to go, they blew out the struts and the front springs actualy ate the mounts, the springs formed around the mounts and ate them. there is a right way to do things and then theres this way, go back a step and get yourself some new springs. it might be slammed now but this will come back to haunt you
Friday, February 06, 2015 12:31 PM
Why am I not surprised this thread was posted in the wrong forum.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:00 AM
antonio jenkins wrote:I have a 98 cavalier 5 Speed , I just Cut my springs ( Yes i know not the best ideal ) , I want to Know will my Springs Still Settle a few CM ? , I cutt off 2 Nd Half Coils Front from a current 1.8 Drop , and 4 Coils off my back With a Before 2.3 drop , The back didint drop Much even after 4 Coils , Will the springs Settle and Drop lower even tho i Cut them ? Yes i Rolled my Fenders in the Front
1: look in the correct forum. You should not even have to ask this question.

2: park your car until you remove those springs, and don't even bother trying to justify your mistake. You can *get away* with cutting the rear springs in our cars, but cutting the front will always end up bad. It's just a matter of time. The springs are a very specific shape, and cutting them prohibits them from properly seating on the perch and the upper mount. They will eventually slip out of place and cause an accident. How long and how bad is just a matter of luck.

3: if you disregard 1 and/or 2, throw your tools away and don't ever work on a car again.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:01 PM
What if he just used lowering springs he's looking for a cheap Option there it it still safer then cut springs
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search