removing stock 2200 bumper from a 99 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
removing stock 2200 bumper from a 99
Friday, February 11, 2005 7:33 PM
Just wondering how many screws are along the bottom of the bumper ( 99 2200) so I know before I try and take it off. I know about the 2 in the wheel well and the 4 clips under the hood. Any info would be great. Thanx

Re: removing stock 2200 bumper from a 99
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:06 PM
dude there's more than 2 in the wheel well..... like you said the 4 in the front (pushpin) 2 bolts behind the upper corner lens on each side (10mm bolts) (Tight spot NEED to remove either the headlight or pull back inner wheel well plastic piece) around 25-35 7mm screws all around the wheel plastic.. now the 13mm bolts along the top of the fender.. then 5 Torx bolts along the mudflap.. also open the door and along the inner side there there's like 2 or 3 screws (7mm)... there.. now you're done... and it's a PITA to get it all back together.. so sort which goes where (common sense)

hope i helped

1997 Cavalier Z24 4Spd Auto. Magnaflow dual exhaust.
Saturday, February 12, 2005 11:26 PM
Id recomend spending 15-20 bucks on a cheap manual. The pics in the one I have match my 99 rs. The 2 10mm nuts behind the corner lens are a real pain too, I removed the headlights, corner lens, and pulled back the fender liner to get both hands in there. A ratcheting wrench is very nice for those. Mud flap screws are going to vary because mudflaps are put on at the dealer by techs, not at the factory, and a lot of techs dont put them on exactly the same each time or exactly as the instructions say. Mine only had three phillips screws. Good luck, have fun.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:29 AM
my mudflaps had 5 Torx bolts

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:37 PM
prob supposed to have 5 torx
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:56 PM
Quote:

dude there's more than 2 in the wheel well..... like you said the 4 in the front (pushpin) 2 bolts behind the upper corner lens on each side (10mm bolts) (Tight spot NEED to remove either the headlight or pull back inner wheel well plastic piece) around 25-35 7mm screws all around the wheel plastic.. now the 13mm bolts along the top of the fender.. then 5 Torx bolts along the mudflap.. also open the door and along the inner side there there's like 2 or 3 screws (7mm)... there.. now you're done... and it's a PITA to get it all back together.. so sort which goes where (common sense)

he wants to remove the front bumper, not the whole front of the car. for the front bumper there are some bolts in the fender well, 4 push pins under the rad cover and a bolt behind each headlight. thats all. get those out and just pull the bumper off

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:53 PM
BaggedCav98 wrote:
Quote:

he wants to remove the front bumper, not the whole front of the car. for the front bumper there are some bolts in the fender well, 4 push pins under the rad cover and a bolt behind each headlight. thats all. get those out and just pull the bumper off

whoops!! my bad!! i somehow got it in my head he wanted to take off the fender..

yeah front bumper.. 2 in the wheels well.. some pushpins and a few screws underneath along the bottom plastic guard

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search