stupid question - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stupid question
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:51 PM
Ok this question is not for me. It's for my friend that just got a 98 cavalier 2.2L. He is complaining that when he puts the car in park that the car knocks a little bit and hesitates. I just told him to check the plugs and wires. the car only has 70000 on it so it's still fairly new. So if any ideas so i can shut him up would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I'll have my pics of my 93 Z24 up by next week.

Re: stupid question
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:10 PM
you might try a fuel filter first, and maybe an air filter?? Start with the cheap stuff first..

My Sunfire
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:28 PM
Quote:

the car only has 70000 on it so it's still fairly new

i guess you could call it "new"

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:53 AM
my cars doing the same thing. i had just got my car back after having the thermostat and radiator fan relay switch replaced. the guy at the shop said that my head gasket is starting to leak. it's a very inconsistent knock. its getting fixed this week. when i get it back, i'll let you know if that fixed it for me.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:33 PM
could be an oxygen sensor too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:41 AM
not enough info...best bet is to scan for codes/sensors voltage and go from there..98's are OBD II so you should get somethin to start which, then diag from there
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search