2200 Auto ---> 2.2 ecotec 5 speed?? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Auto ---> 2.2 ecotec 5 speed??
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:17 PM
alright so Ive been givin a free ecotec engine and 5 speed tranny. Ive got the entire donor car to work with as well.

I know its gonna be tons of work, but hey, its a free engine and tranny so why the hell not?! and my cars got about 120 k on it, and the eco only has 10k!!

The donor car is a 2004 sunfire, everythings pretty much exactly the same, engines running tranny great condition! brand new! (the car is being repo'd cause the dude skiped out of the country and isnt coming back!!)

So im pretty much looking for some poelpe with some advice, or a few steps/tips on how exactly to do this. Hopefully youve done it yourself

OOOHHHH and I get the pleasure of swapping my 4 speed auto to a 5 speed manual! Good times, Good times . Any tips on that?

And I also get to put my old engine and tranny into the donor car and make that work.?
Maybe?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2200 Auto ---> 2.2 ecotec 5 speed??
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:58 AM
Sounds pretty straight forward man, Just LOTS of taking apart/Putting back together

I think you still have to swap the gas tank too.

Make sure that you swap EVERY part from the donor car to your car...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:31 PM
I hate to rain on the parade... but swapping motors (and more) with a car that isn't yours... which is about to be repossessed...

Something sounds terribly illegal here....!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 6:22 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:I hate to rain on the parade... but swapping motors (and more) with a car that isn't yours... which is about to be repossessed...

Something sounds terribly illegal here....!

X2

Friday, October 14, 2005 7:17 PM
can i have your car when you go to jail. even though you're being given the donor car buy the guy skipping town, you're stealing. if its being repoe'd , it doesn't belong to him anymore, it belongs to the bank.

don't drop the soap...

GO PATS!!!
Friday, October 14, 2005 10:01 PM
yea when the bank finds out they will come after you to at the least make you pay for the car that you cut up. or they could slap you with some pretty serious charges... enough to get you jail time. on the other side if you know which bank owns the car they may give you some cash for finding it. find out who ownes it call them and get that car off your property your hiding it on the bank and thats ilegal too. you can probally buy it at the repo auctionsreal cheap . its not worth the @!#$ if you get caught.
sorry a little off topic there.

swaps suck even more from auto to 5 speed

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Friday, October 14, 2005 10:02 PM
actually..if they havnt repoed the car YET and he gave it to you i would just say i didnt know (that is if anyone asked) lol better watch your back though man lol

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Saturday, October 15, 2005 11:16 AM
Yeah changed my mind anyway, after I had actually thought about it One of those things that sound really good at first!

Just gonna swap the interior, my drivers seat broke like 5 times (damn GM). Dudes coming back now, doesnt care about the car cause he's gonna sell it.

So thats that, thanx for the feedback, but im not gonna be dropping the soap
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search