dual fans - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: dual fans
Monday, October 24, 2005 7:02 AM
Any updates!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Monday, October 24, 2005 8:49 AM
i wish someone Would update..all i need to know is what year/model car to grab it from and ill figure the out how to bolt it up im sure

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Monday, October 24, 2005 9:08 AM
I did some research.

What I found was the 2004-2005 Chevrolet Malibu and the Pontiac G6 (The Z platform not the N) have the ECOTEC with dual fans.

Looking around I have found a bunch in the $100 range. I am going to see if I can get my hands on one and attempt an install to see if it is as easy as Jay Tessier originally said.

ImageImage
Defined Parts
Monday, October 24, 2005 12:31 PM
i realize the car is not an N body but the engine i have in my car IS from an N body and fit pretty good not too mention ive looked at the duel fans from N bodys and they are only 25$ in yards here ...so unless the Z is a direct bolt up id like to know whats involved with the N fans..say out of a grand am?

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Monday, October 24, 2005 2:55 PM
Ok, I fit the dual fans I have into the car... with the GM s/c in there. It actually worked... surprised the hell out of me.

My fans are out of a 99-04 style Grand Am with the 3400 engine. I don't know if anything else on te N-body shares the dual fans....

Maybe you guys are going to have to FIND OUT FOR YOURSELVES lazy bums

Pics soon.

Two of the mounting tabs lined up... nothing else does. No bolt at the bottom. Mine is just sitting in there.

Monday, October 24, 2005 3:31 PM
^ Good to know lenko....and yes i'm going to be lazy untill next spring. I need to order turbo parts now. I'll cry about cooling my 2200 later.

Monday, October 24, 2005 3:35 PM
** presents lenko with the PiMP-A-DA-MONTH award!!! now i can go out and get it you rock man whoohooo

Monday, October 24, 2005 3:54 PM
Pics:

Stock fan on rad.

Dual fans on rad.

Now imagine you're in the engine bay.... (I'll take a pic from under the car with it installed, when I get it back on a lift.

Monday, October 24, 2005 4:57 PM
mmm, gotta find some now

Monday, October 24, 2005 6:05 PM
any comments on the wiring?? hm hm

Monday, October 24, 2005 6:11 PM
you mentioned that there wasnt anything bolting it to the bottom? it looks like it would fairly easy to just make a small braket to bolt it on ..maybe??

Monday, October 24, 2005 6:35 PM
scott trent wrote:any comments on the wiring?? hm hm

The J-body plug is the same... but of course you'll need a second one, and a second set of wiring and relay... otherwise you'll overload the existing one if you try and tie them together.

I'll be wiring in a second relay in the underhood fuse panel... so it looks factory but it will be a switched fan... maybe a temperature control... haven't decided yet.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:29 AM
I think when I do this that I will leave the one fan on the factory plug, and then wire the other one to a switch inside the car. So when I am at the track I can let one run between runs or while staging run 2 if ever needed. Guess I SHOULD track down the relay too.

Thanks Lenko for the info.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:09 AM
yea..you rock man!..now i just gotta figure out this wiring thing...i know i need an extra relay to run the switch..so in order to run the switch AND the extra fan will i need 3 relays??! lol

Friday, October 28, 2005 12:56 PM
And then......

PRND321 Till I DIE
Sunday, October 30, 2005 9:54 AM
lets get a full digram to see
Monday, October 31, 2005 8:30 PM
yes..a diagram is a must !

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:22 AM
yea cuz me=sucks trying new stuff

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 1:42 PM
^^^agreed, when it comes to wiring, and messing with harness', count me out. system wiring....easy, anything else, i worry myself

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:42 PM
I would imagine (and this is my guess) that unless the fan has different speed settings. there is just a power and switch right what elses is there.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:21 PM
Definately watching this one....

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!

Monday, November 07, 2005 9:27 AM
any news yet guys?

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 1:05 PM
i think i am going down to san antonio to pic up a set for like 25 bucks this weekend..then ill play around with WHAT I KNOW of wiring and see how it comes out..the bolting it up looks like it should be easy..im just not a wiring guy..ill post pics when i get it though

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:07 PM
I just used the factory plug on one fan for now. Works fine.

I'll wire up the other exactly like the factory one... fuse and relay in the underhood fuse panel. Otherwise, one relay and a switch would do.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:17 PM
will they hook to stock wiring on a cav? so grand ams and malibus? sweet! ive been thinking about this for awhile just never acted.thanks all
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search