How big is my exhaust? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How big is my exhaust?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:47 AM
Anyone know offhand the size of the stock exhaust? I'm looking at a catback kit with 2.25" piping and wondered how big of a difference that would be.

1998 2200 auto

Re: How big is my exhaust?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:31 AM
1 3/4"

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:50 AM
i thought it was 2in....

i could be wrong i just remeber someone saying that a while back

Saturday, January 14, 2006 2:19 AM
97cavy22 wrote:i thought it was 2in....

i could be wrong i just remeber someone saying that a while back

I want to say it's something like 1 7/8" but pretty damn close to 2"

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:00 PM
Hmmm ok. See my friend put the same catback system on his Civic which had a 1.5" exhaust stock, and it definitely pulls hard from 4 to 6k now. But, that's a 1.6L Civic so I wondered if anyone had any input on decent sizes for Cavalier exhausts.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:59 AM
2.25" if you're all motor
Monday, January 16, 2006 6:21 AM
on my 2004 ls sport it is...2 inch INSIDE diameter(about 2 1/8 outside) from the flex joint to the flange after the cat&02 sensor, 2 inch OUTSIDE diameter(bout 1 7/8 inside) from the flange to the tailpipe. i did these measurements with a set of dial calipers from the machine shop i work in, not a tape measure so they are acurate, at least on my year and model. it is done this was so that the pipes fit inside eachother at the flange...allowing a double seal. also note the cat-back section is horrible. beyond being too small it is crushed in some places to maintain a constant clearance around undercar features such as suspension and the gas tank. 2 1/4 cat-back is very high on my list to do.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search