99 with ecotec swap... - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99 with ecotec swap...
Friday, January 20, 2006 9:59 AM
i see the ecotec swaps are easier with the new 2000+ cavys but what about the olders ones. can some one post up how to do it and post pics its hard to think if its worth the time or not on having your acr in the shop for possibly like 3-4 days. can any one help with this?

Re: 99 with ecotec swap...
Friday, January 20, 2006 4:58 PM
Its not worth it for a shop to do it with any engine. It would be easier to swap and 2.4 but neither are a walk in the park.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, January 20, 2006 10:17 PM
I'm thinking about doing the Ecotec swap in my 95 sunfire over the summer. I've been reading all the posts I can find about it. From what I understand, the easiest possible way would be to go to the junkyard and find a wrecked car with the engine and everything you want. Everthing has to be swapped.

The Ecotec is supposed to be an awesome motor though. I hope it will be worth it. After I read all the posts I can find through the search, I wil make my own asking a few more questions..
Saturday, January 21, 2006 3:53 PM
Quote:

Fire Fighter
Yesterday 7:58 PM

Its not worth it for a shop to do it with any engine. It would be easier to swap and 2.4 but neither are a walk in the park.

Quote:

The Ecotec is supposed to be an awesome motor though. I hope it will be worth it. After I read all the posts I can find through the search, I wil make my own asking a few more questions..

it is MORE than worth it... it took me roughly 5 days of non stop work to do mine but I love it already and I'm still breaking in my clutch

the BEST mod I've ever done.. the thread is here:

My ecotec swap into 2002

<3 ecotec

Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:07 PM
ok ya i read that all and comented on it ya that looks a crap load easier sence you dont have to move mounts around and that crap! thats the thing i want to know how to do i need some one that did a 99 or older ecotec swap. and if i do i bet ill just go to the junk yard and find a 03 or 04 cavay ecotec manuel with just damage to the rear and just have all the parts i need. hopefully it works but i would feel so much better doing this is some one showed where ihad to move brackets and all that good stuff. but again sweet swap and lots of good pictures.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search