Easy & Cheap lowering? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Easy & Cheap lowering?
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:59 AM
what is the best/cheapest way to lower my z24 a few inches?

Re: Easy & Cheap lowering?
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:14 AM
Fat $10 hookers. Other than that expect to pay around $600 for a good safe kit.

Lurk threw the classifieds and regional forums, you should be able to fine someone's used stuff for a decent penny.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:18 AM
ok thnx
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 11:43 AM
cheap or safe. pick one. our suspensions are cake, so easy is a given.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 11:57 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:cheap or safe. pick one.

I picked cheap...............Now I'm dead.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 11:57 AM
just cut the springs jk guys

z yaaaa wrote:other than the nasty hood dent, steelies, 4X4 ride heidt, crooked front license plate, body color b pillar covers, 2200, lack of tint, and overall boringness of the car id say she's perfect!

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 12:15 PM
u could park in a rut lol that'll make it lower

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:31 PM
lol
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 6:16 PM
Look at the FAQ in the suspension forum. FIrst thing it will tell you is that there is no cheap lowering on these cars. Either you spend the money and do it right the first time, or you spend the money twice to fix the cheap job you did the first time.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:07 PM
Easy and cheap? Take a die grinder and cut off a couple of spring coils. It will ride like a Cadillac, and your struts will last for a minimum of 100,000 miles. I'm still trying to figure out how these spring and strut companies stay in business, since anyone can properly lower their car without spending the money.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 6:10 AM
seriously?

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 6:22 AM
no not seriously.... that was very very VERY heavy sarcasm

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 6:42 AM
lol i thought so.. im pretty much lookin for small mods i can do to make my cavi more uniqe
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:07 PM
i had a set of eibach lowering springs on my 98 cavalier. pretty easy to install with a spring clamp and a friend who knew what he was doing. anyways i installed most of it myself and i am a total noob just ask anyone here on the forum. they looked great and were only like 90 dollars new on ebay.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:32 PM
ok cool
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:49 PM
justin smith wrote:i had a set of eibach lowering springs on my 98 cavalier. pretty easy to install with a spring clamp and a friend who knew what he was doing. anyways i installed most of it myself and i am a total noob just ask anyone here on the forum. they looked great and were only like 90 dollars new on ebay.

Pleas don't take any advice form this tool bag. He prob has his springs on the stock struts and not struts meant for lowering.

For the love of god spend the money and do it the right way. You will regret it with having to pay more or getting into an accident due to blown struts sending your car bouncing in every which way.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:02 PM
90 for new eibachs?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:09 PM
gain 200 lbs.

of course, you'll have to relocate your seat to the middle so that it lowers the car evenly.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:25 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:gain 200 lbs.

of course, you'll have to relocate your seat to the middle so that it lowers the car evenly.

THIS

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:55 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:gain 200 lbs.

Or only work out on the left side of your body. So te right gets fat as hell

Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:54 PM
You could throw cheap springs on your stock struts, but for the love of God don't. Do it properly, or you'll regret it. If you only want to do cheap mods, then stock ride height is your friend.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:00 PM
Most popular is Koni yellows (or reds) and ground control coilovers

Monday, June 28, 2010 2:20 PM
Joviticus wrote:Most popular is Koni yellows (or reds) and ground control coilovers

I'm running Reds and ground controls and couldnt be happier.

Monday, June 28, 2010 5:04 PM
EVILution (Low and kinda Slow) wrote:
Joviticus wrote:Most popular is Koni yellows (or reds) and ground control coilovers

I'm running Reds and ground controls and couldnt be happier.

you and me both brother! lol but im thinking of raising mine.

Monday, June 28, 2010 5:08 PM
thanks btimbit,joviticus,evilution,cavi freak, ronin gray and ,Rich Grayo Jr., for the advise!. im kinda new at the cavi tuning.. but i have a vague i dea with other platforms .. i appreciate it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search