Rear Wheel Drive Cavy!? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Wheel Drive Cavy!?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:01 PM
i was talking to someone to day about how much better a rear wheel drive feels with a little power .. anyone have an idea where to start to mod a cavi to rwd?

Re: Rear Wheel Drive Cavy!?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:05 PM
Hey look, another one, and it's only been two weeks since the last one.

Simply put, if you have to ask such a vague question like "where would I start?", you're not qualified for this level of modification to a vehicle. Start with basic mechanics, and work your way up.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:06 PM
i asked for an opinion not a manual.... other outlooks can contribute to better possible outcome..
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:29 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:

Simply put, if you have to ask such a vague question like "where would I start?", you're not qualified for this level of modification to a vehicle. Start with basic mechanics, and work your way up.

Truth.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:35 PM
Where to start........ turn engine 90 degrees?

(to the left btw...)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:39 PM
find a new tranny

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:41 PM
i honestly think it would be a wicked mod! and yeah i understand the work your way up part..
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:51 PM
Buy some mechanical and fabrication knowledge.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:25 PM
Get a early 90s 2 door blazer frame, cut it and bag it. When you cut the arches so the axle will tuck cut an extra 3 inches out of the middle. That would be where to start
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:27 PM
Cavie Freak aka E-Thug wrote:Buy some mechanical and fabrication knowledge.

You cant buy this, but hey. If you have money to do this swap. Just pay someone else to do it. OR JUST BUY A RWD CAR!

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:08 AM
Mike Robinson wrote:i honestly think it would be a wicked mod! and yeah i understand the work your way up part..

I'm not trying to be a total jerk here... but seriously, why don't you go start off in the Newbs forum for a bit.

Putting anything other than a stock engine into these cars requires some pretty good fabricating skills... and wiring, etc... if you have no idea what the scope of that is... turning a FWD car into a RWD car is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay past your capabilities.

Heck.. I have fabricating skills, even my own welder, and I've put an L67 drivetrain into a Cavy convertible (see my sig?).. but I wouldn't even dare to try and turn a J-car into a RWD car. Even that is way beyond me!

Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:01 AM
^^^You have skills? then why does your car look like complete @!#$?
Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:41 AM
Lenko's cars are stock. all of them.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:41 AM
Troys SS wrote:^^^You have skills? then why does your car look like complete @!#$?

you must be blind, retarded and new.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:56 AM
Troys SS wrote:^^^You have skills? then why does your car look like complete @!#$?

Eat me, Cobalt troll.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:14 PM
Lenko's vert is the sexiest Cavy vert I've seen.

Troy is is blind & retarded as Mike said.

OP - seriously, this rediculous topic has been brought up more times than I can count.... search, and your questions would have been answered.

These threads are getting old.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:15 PM
it would take alot of modification. first you would have to remove everything under the hood, remove the interior. it would require alot of cutting and welding. you would need a rear end out of a RWD car. but im not sure what would even fit under there. maybe you could use some parts from a 90's camaro.
Friday, June 25, 2010 3:16 AM
Mike Robinson wrote:i was talking to someone to day about how much better a rear wheel drive feels with a little power .. anyone have an idea where to start to mod a cavi to rwd?

1) Drive to nearest Ford dealer.
2) Get $1000 trade in for Cavy.
3) Most likely acquire loan.
4) Sign papers
5) Drive away with Mustang.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, June 25, 2010 10:00 AM
cool
Friday, June 25, 2010 7:06 PM
yeah ..........
Saturday, June 26, 2010 7:48 AM
WTF are you guys talikng about????
I conveted my cavy tro RWD with a LS7 under the hood in 2 weeks. I didnt like it because I kept blowing tires, so I converted back to a FWD with a ford Taurus SHO motor and have been happy with it since.
Sheesh, you people over-react so much...

Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:11 AM
We need to make a list of retards or a plaque of some sorts. Everytime a question like this is asked their name is added to the plaque. They then get a firm boot to the face and their car burnt to the ground with them in it.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:17 AM
Senorguitar wrote:We need to make a list of retards or a plaque of some sorts. Everytime a question like this is asked their name is added to the plaque. They then get a firm boot to the face and their car burnt to the ground with them in it.

Lol that started of like a funny idea, then you just took it too far...
Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:55 AM
Senorguitar wrote:We need to make a list of retards or a plaque of some sorts. Everytime a question like this is asked their name is added to the plaque. They then get a firm boot to the face and their car burnt to the ground with them in it.

yeah.. its people like you who fragment the reputation of forum like this.. i quite sure that eco of yours should be burnt to the ground many many many times .. i was asking for *intelligent* opinions. .the point of burning your car is quite fruitless due the fact you seem absolutely morally bankrupt!.. imho its people like you who haven't got one creative thought in their head. try comming up with your own mod!..
Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:07 AM
Mike Robinson wrote:

yeah.. its people like you who fragment the reputation of forum like this.. i quite sure that eco of yours should be burnt to the ground many many many times .. i was asking for *intelligent* opinions. .the point of burning your car is quite fruitless due the fact you seem absolutely morally bankrupt!.. imho its people like you who haven't got one creative thought in their head. try comming up with your own mod!..

On the contrary, I think he is quite creative. His plaque idea was very original.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search