'05 Cavalier gauges gone CRAZY! - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'05 Cavalier gauges gone CRAZY!
Thursday, July 01, 2010 10:58 PM
My friend has an '06 and the temp and fuel gauges suddenly started acting weird. The temp needle is high and the fuel is low. Even when the car is shut off the are in the wrong positions. The speedo works just fine. Do they need to be reset or something?

Car Off

Car On

Re: '05 Cavalier gauges gone CRAZY!
Friday, July 02, 2010 2:36 AM
Broken.

Buy new cluster off Ebay or JY. Your mileage is saved on your BCM, so the new cluster will show your correct mileage.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, July 02, 2010 5:04 AM
SHOoff wrote:Broken.

Buy new cluster off Ebay or JY. Your mileage is saved on your BCM, so the new cluster will show your correct mileage.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, July 02, 2010 9:49 AM
mine did that at 80,000 miles but it was the speedo and the rpm and like they said its time to do the sunfire swap or the just get another cavalier one

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 6:04 AM
my step fathers 05 did the same thing with only 50,000 miles, gauges were acting all crazy. put in a used cluster and it is fine and shows the correct mileage
Friday, July 09, 2010 8:28 PM
The gauges in my 04 are fine but the odometer numbers fade in and out.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Friday, July 09, 2010 9:16 PM
Ronin J wrote:The gauges in my 04 are fine but the odometer numbers fade in and out.

smack your dash like it owes you money.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:06 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Ronin J wrote:The gauges in my 04 are fine but the odometer numbers fade in and out.

smack your dash like it owes you money.

i have to do that every once in a while

z yaaaa wrote:other than the nasty hood dent, steelies, 4X4 ride heidt, crooked front license plate, body color b pillar covers, 2200, lack of tint, and overall boringness of the car id say she's perfect!

Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:47 AM
Jack Hogle wrote:My friend has an '06 and the temp and fuel gauges suddenly started acting weird. The temp needle is high and the fuel is low. Even when the car is shut off the are in the wrong positions. The speedo works just fine. Do they need to be reset or something?

Car Off

Car On

You have way too much gas in the car. Drain some out.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:56 PM
Rahjee [rkm1989 wrote:]

agreed

Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:14 PM
sarcastic?

z yaaaa wrote:other than the nasty hood dent, steelies, 4X4 ride heidt, crooked front license plate, body color b pillar covers, 2200, lack of tint, and overall boringness of the car id say she's perfect!

Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:22 PM
Red2.2cavi wrote:sarcastic?

No, dead serious

Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:39 PM
Jack Hogle wrote:My friend has an '06 and the temp and fuel gauges suddenly started acting weird. The temp needle is high and the fuel is low. Even when the car is shut off the are in the wrong positions. The speedo works just fine. Do they need to be reset or something?

Car Off

Car On

Actually its way too empty. Probably a blackhole or some dimensional void in the gas tank near the level sender.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:23 PM

Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:53 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Car Off

Car On

Actually its way too empty. Probably a blackhole or some dimensional void in the gas tank near the level sender.

Dam, you're right. And it probably goes straight into his heater core because in the first pic you can clearly see his gas is over 100 degrees. You need a new heater core.

Monday, July 12, 2010 5:36 PM
you have an even bigger problem if your friends 06 is doin that

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, July 12, 2010 5:46 PM

mine has been doing this for over a year...smacking it doesnt help. any other sugggestions? maybe its not plugged in all the way??

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:51 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:you have an even bigger problem if your friends 06 is doin that

A few 06 model J cars did sneak through. Not may though. Basically left over 05's taged as 06 cars.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:52 PM
My 2005 sunfire did this to me after a hard stall. Looked crazy for about 2 days then went back to normal. No problems since.
Saturday, July 17, 2010 4:44 PM
my temp guage used to act like that. I unplugged the BCM to do the DRL defeat and all is well.
Saturday, July 17, 2010 4:52 PM
mitdr774 wrote:
NOTa2_4 wrote:you have an even bigger problem if your friends 06 is doin that

A few 06 model J cars did sneak through. Not may though. Basically left over 05's taged as 06 cars.

not according to GM they didn't they don't list a j body in 06 at all so really its an 05. have a hard time finding parts for an 06 at GM

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, July 18, 2010 6:37 PM
GM must have updated their computer system since I left the last dealer then. they used to have a listing for a 06, and we had a sunfire that VIN coded out to be an 06.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search