My seats are killin me!! - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My seats are killin me!!
Friday, August 13, 2010 8:30 AM
The seats in my ls are bouncy as hell and they are different than the base seats (at least they don't have the spring poking out the back like base seats). I think I'm gonna have to check the local pull a parts, likely I can get a pair for like 50 bucks.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Friday, August 13, 2010 9:27 AM
i think the issue is i'm 5'11 200lbs in a econ car lol thats also a 4 door, it makes me miss my impala with all the room and leather

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:11 PM
if i remember correctly the seats for 03-05's are no different for any cavalier models. regardless of base, ls, or lss. but don't quote me on that.

and can someone please verify that f-body seats are actually 30-40 lbs. lighter a piece than a j-body seat? that has to be a typo.

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:23 PM
blucavvy wrote:and can someone please verify that f-body seats are actually 30-40 lbs. lighter a piece than a j-body seat? that has to be a typo.

I've held both, definitely a typo

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:27 PM
^^^what about your celica's? i'll swap for lighter weight but not for comfort. lol, my j-seats are just fine for that.

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:33 PM
lol if I want a weight reduction I'll lose weight

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:45 PM
i weigh a buck thirty so i'm not too concerned about it. however i am actually working on gaining weight lol, which means things in the car that can be removed or at least replaced with lighter weight item's have to go.

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:58 PM
blucavvy wrote:^^^what about your celica's? i'll swap for lighter weight but not for comfort. lol, my j-seats are just fine for that.

There wasn't a noticeable difference, the celica's were probably heavier after we modified them to fit. I mainly swapped for looks but the celica's were so much nicer on a 6 hr trip

Friday, August 13, 2010 9:37 PM
Kooter Kicker wrote:i think the issue is i'm 5'11 200lbs in a econ car lol thats also a 4 door, it makes me miss my impala with all the room and leather

200? Come on man,

Friday, August 13, 2010 9:43 PM
210 lol

Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:25 PM
I was 5'10 280 before I lost 100lb, the celica seats felt so much better after lol

Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:53 PM
Why not some racing seats.
They're reasonably priced for the most part and will allow you to actually 'sit' in the seat as opposed to sitting 'on' the seats like the stockers.

Good luck with your seats and post up some pics once you get them installed.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:13 PM
I need seats that have more leg support than anything, you know what I mean... Like the under you thigh

Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:33 AM
Other options:
Fiero for sure (J seats are a direct swap into a fiero, and I've seen it the other way)
N-Body (Grand Am, Malibu, etc)
W-Body (Grand Prix, Lumina, etc).

Pretty sure they bolt in, just use the j-body sliders, and I list the others because I'm pretty sure the Pontiacs' seats (Grand Am and Grand Prix) have been used in Fieros also (which is why I listed them, along with the 4th gen f-body, which means years 93-02).

Basically, GM used the same "bolt pattern" on the bottom of the seats on a BUNCH of models and only changed out the tracks to fit the specific bodywork.

-------------------------------------------------
Sleeper style, they don't see it coming that way.
Friday, September 10, 2010 1:01 PM
W-Body seats are a bit wide IIRC.

Sunday, September 12, 2010 7:12 PM
I like the 4th gen camaro seats idea. My seats when i bought the car you could feel the bar in the back, i picked up some seats from a '99 sunfire from a scrapyard, along with it's door hinges lol, but after about 6 months i'm starting to feel the bar again, i'm heavier than the average person but it's not that extreme, i'm only 205.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:42 AM
im going to find away to make the impala seats fit. i need to measure them across first.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:00 PM
Kooter Kicker wrote:im going to find away to make the impala seats fit. i need to measure them across first.

The 94-96 B-Body seats don't even have the standard GM bolt pattern. Only thing I know they share with are Bonnies. They're much wider than the j-body's seats too.

"My" car is a 1994 Impala SS, the wife's is the 2004 Cavy. Sadly, I had to start driving her car daily on my 120 mile round trip to the job I am on. I'm 6'2" and 220 pounds, 36" legs. I hate the front seats. If I wasn't able to hit the cruise control and move my legs around, I be ready for murder by the time I got to work/home.

Now I need to convince the wife that the cost of some used seats are worth it. I never expected that so many seats would be so easy to swap in.
Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:43 AM
i was thinking the 00-05 impala seats!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search