can a dog bone mount 3100 be used - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can a dog bone mount 3100 be used
Monday, August 09, 2010 6:09 PM
i got a dog bone style 3100 motor mounts to rad suport can i swap to accessory side motor mount like the cavys use the motor runs good and i like to use it but was un sure on what i need to use in in my car

Re: can a dog bone mount 3100 be used
Monday, August 09, 2010 7:52 PM
ill try to make this a litter clear on my ?

my problem is the motor has dog bone style motor mouts that bolt to the head and the upper rad support and i need it to be a accessory side motor mount set up is there a way to convert this motor over to accessory side motor mount and what all will i need to do this

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:05 PM
Use the motor mount for a 99 Grand Am w/ 3400. I'm not sure what all parts are needed to do that. Probably be easiest to find a donor car somewhere at a yard and go over real well. Perhaps ask on 60degreev6.com. Tell them what year of car your engine came from, and tell them what engine it is, and tell them you need to swap to the mount that's on the 99+ Grand Am's.

After you find all that out, take my word for it and don't use the factory Grand Am Mount. You'll break the piss out of them, I did. Instead, get this and install it (though you need the baseplate from the Grand Am's mount)
http://wot-tech.com/shop/all/1999-n-body-billet-mount/prod_222.html

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:44 PM
i got on 60*v6 and ask

i was told i had to add a idelr pully and i had to flip my belt tensioner over thats no big deal my fear is that the bolt holes needed to add the idelr and the motor mount are not there and ill have to get a new timeing cover

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the timing cover is the same on both engines. In which case you'd just grab the one from the Grand Am and it would be how you need it to be.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:07 PM
SHOoff wrote:I'm pretty sure the timing cover is the same on both engines. In which case you'd just grab the one from the Grand Am and it would be how you need it to be.
The only difference is the 3400 cover has the boss for the idler pulley near the AC compressor. Other than that, they're identical. The 3400 mount actually will bolt to the 3100 style cover. It's a two-piece unit. The problem is that the 3100 style accessory belt routing would interfere with the mount.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:24 PM
so i will need a timeing cover too

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:48 PM
If you use the stuff I mentioned in the PM, you don't have to change the timing cover. It bolts right on using your existing accessory setup.

Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:43 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:
SHOoff wrote:I'm pretty sure the timing cover is the same on both engines. In which case you'd just grab the one from the Grand Am and it would be how you need it to be.
The only difference is the 3400 cover has the boss for the idler pulley near the AC compressor. Other than that, they're identical. The 3400 mount actually will bolt to the 3100 style cover. It's a two-piece unit. The problem is that the 3100 style accessory belt routing would interfere with the mount.

I'm pretty sure the Impala has a 3400 but doesn't have the idler on the timing cover tho, Stupid little BS that throws everything for a loop.

Friday, August 13, 2010 11:30 AM
SHOoff wrote:I'm pretty sure the Impala has a 3400 but doesn't have the idler on the timing cover tho, Stupid little BS that throws everything for a loop.
That's odd. I've never seen a 3400 that didn't. I have seen 3100s that have the 3400 setup, but never the opposite.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 5:20 PM
my 3500 cover had a mount for a pulley i didnt need and was in the way so i just cut it off.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search