shift cable clip - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
shift cable clip
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:48 AM
wats up i have a 1998 cavalier here is the problem when i push the clutch pedal in i can shift into first thats about it when i go to second its not there so then i have to feel my way to fifth is this because my shift cables dont have the retaining clips if so where can i find replacements

Re: shift cable clip
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:58 PM
Probably just have a bad cable.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:12 PM
i checked the cables there good thats why i was thinking its caused by the shift cable retaining clip
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:36 PM
How do you know they're good? When they break you won't see that it's broke.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Sunday, August 15, 2010 3:02 PM
If it's like the gear isn't there, you may have broken the cable bracket under your ABS box, drivers side engine compartment. It's attached to the top of your transmission, kinda hard to see. Just find the cables, trace them back until you see a bracket. If that's what it is, then don't try and find it anywhere but a junkyard or dealership, nobody has it.

Send me a message and I'll tell you how to fix it until you get the bracket, that is if that's the problem.
Monday, August 23, 2010 4:35 AM
the bracket is ok but when i have another person shift the cable pops out of the mount
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search