'03 Cav...jumped time, maybe.... - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'03 Cav...jumped time, maybe....
Saturday, September 18, 2010 3:30 AM
..Looking at a '03 cav 5 speed....owner said it may have jumped time, can hear a slight rattle from under the timing cover and it runs a tiny bit rough but not too bad..Said it did it as he was pulling in his driveway...ran ok til he pulled in the started skipping....rattle sounds like it might be the chain guide but I'm not too sure if it bent anything of screwed anything up.....he wants 1200 for it ....No pics as of yet but it is a blue 2 door...looks to be in decent shape...You think that it is possible to do a decent fix with out yanking the head of no ? I have heard it run and he said he is scared to rev it......he is going to let me know if he is going to sell it or not this week coming up...Any help and info is greatly appreciated....thanks folks ( yes i am still getting the Sunfire vert also, this will be a play toy)

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Re: '03 Cav...jumped time, maybe....
Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:19 AM
Sounds like it didn't jump but its damn close. Could be a decent buy might just need a new timing set

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Re: '03 Cav...jumped time, maybe....
Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:38 PM
...sweet...he drove it around his yard and says it goes fine just does not seem to have the power it used to...I'll be getting it next week as long as my settlement check clears through by then...Then I'll get into it and the sunfire...for 2800 I'll be getting 2 decent cars that need minor stuff....

2003 Cavalier
Stock 2.2 Liter, 5 speed
" Leave the rice to Uncle Ben's and the wings to KFC..
Go clean or go home. "

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search