silicone radiator hose - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
silicone radiator hose
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:19 PM
so i'm looking for silicone hoses for my eco.... ebay has them labeled as 03-05 2.4l wtf haha

my question does anybody know where to get a set or if the 2.4 uses the same radiator hose routing? or if the mistyped ebay listings are for 03-04 ecos? or ld9 cavs....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Radiator-Hose-R-03-04-Chevy-Cavalier-2-4L-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c52ca848fQQitemZ190367564943QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Re: silicone radiator hose
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:11 AM
The l61 and le5 eco radiator hoses are interchangable, though I wouldn't trust ebay on that being the right product...I would check out OBXs website and first see if they even make a kit for ecos.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:01 PM
^^WOW

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:12 PM
but the le5 is not a engine option for the cav... hence the confusion on the listing. thats why i asked to see if someone had experience with them, since obxracing does not have silicone hoses listed on their webpage

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:32 PM
Fluffy wrote:but the le5 is not a engine option for the cav...

I realize that. What I am saying is that the le5 radiator hose is the same as the l61; so if that hose on ebay is indeed design for an Eco (and not an ld9), it will fit a L61 or Le5 (maybe even an LSJ).
I'm guessing since it specifies 2.4, its for a ld9 and the vendor just has the wrong year listing...maybe call OBX for an actual answer?

Torres @ SpeedZone wrote:^^WOW

Hmm, I smell a little sarcasm in that wow...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:39 PM
just messin of course

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:58 PM
Torres @ SpeedZone wrote: just messin of course

Umm, this is the .ORG...no messin around allowed!!! Haha

And back to Fluffy..I would just save yourself the hassle and call/email a sales rep from OBX and get a straight answer from them if they even make an Eco hose it. We all know how reliable Ebay can be, lol.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:09 PM
I've bought from that seller before but it was for my 2200. I emailed the seller and asked I was just wondering before I had to cause I didn't know if he is competent

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, October 22, 2010 9:52 PM
just throwing this out there but i have the OBX silicone hose kit for my 2.4. all it has done since i installed them is piss coolant out from every single clamped spot. no matter how tight the clamps are. drips from both rad hoses, water outlet on the head, the metal pipe that runs under the motor and even from the coolant res. i see little puddles under my car wherever i go. i'm going to be switching back to regular hoses sometime in the near future. i do not reccomend them.

Friday, October 22, 2010 10:09 PM
must be a 2.4 thing, fluffys 2200 worked great

Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:39 PM
Jon D wrote:just throwing this out there but i have the OBX silicone hose kit for my 2.4. all it has done since i installed them is piss coolant out from every single clamped spot. no matter how tight the clamps are. drips from both rad hoses, water outlet on the head, the metal pipe that runs under the motor and even from the coolant res. i see little puddles under my car wherever i go. i'm going to be switching back to regular hoses sometime in the near future. i do not reccomend them.

are you using the stock spring clamps? Im just curious because we have had issues with a freinds car and silicone coolant hoses as well. We ended up going with some stainless clamps you can tighten and it worked great.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae

Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:57 PM
i switched to stainless screw clamps a little while ago all around. still leaks. might just be a @!#$ set.

Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:37 PM
that sucks, i loved the set i had for my 2200, i had screw clamps on it never leaked. in fact i even made hoses for the heater core hoses because they worked so well

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search