Dash - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dash
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:44 AM
So apparently it's a common problem, but my '00 Cav needs some serious help with the dash!!!!! The piece at the front of the dash under the windshield is busted all to F^@K, and I want to replace it before I do anything else. It bugs the Hell out of me!!!

Re: Dash
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:11 AM
You not going to replace it unless you replace the entire dash. That piece is connected to the entire dash sub frame. There a few companies that make replacement covers. They have been listed a bunch of times on here if you search.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:42 AM
There's a few on ebay also it won't fix it but if it not falling apart you could glue then reupholster it

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:41 PM
Another one. I'm affraid that if your panel is cracked by the windshield, then more than likely, the rest of your dash is also cracking and breaking internally. If not, it will. Remove the dash pad top and you will see what I mean. I used contact cement and duct tape all over my panel and recovered it with matching headliner material. It doesn't fix anything, but it looks nicer. It will actually look professional if you tuck the material under the dash pad and go a good 1 inch under the windshield, just don't cover up your VIN.

2000 2.2 3 speed 2-door, Stock...
Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:20 PM
just swap out the dash find one from a u pull it wrecker and swap it out i did mine then that bolt under the header vent i didn't tighten it i put foram tape on the back so theres no rattle then installted the bolt enough to hold it but still moveable for the heat expansion it needs

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search