Problems.. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problems..
Sunday, February 27, 2011 4:05 PM
posted in maintenace too but figured here would be good as well

ok so heres whats going on... 02 LSS sedan ecotec

1. the retained accesory power is screwed up, i figured it was something with the button in the doorway not opening all the way, hauling it open worked but then it got worse, and now after tapping it a bit i knocked the whole assembly out of the hole.. will swapping out the head unit get rid of that?

2. my car seems to buck under WOT coming from lower rpm, had the o2 sensor changed, CEL still reads as the cat is bad (0420 code) nothing else has been done recently

3. my pass side wiper jet doesnt work, lines arent clogged that i can tell

4. on cold starts and until the car has been up to half way up the temp guage for a while when i press the clutch the car will wind down to 500 rpm and labor for a bit before climbing back to 1k does it when stopped and moving, car actually died this morning as a result of it but that hasnt happened in a while

5. lock wont open with the key on drivers side and pass side sometimes wont unlock from the switch but will with the key

thats all i can remember off hand... any help would be great

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Re: Problems..
Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:08 AM
Steve-O (now with ecotec) wrote:posted in maintenace too but figured here would be good as well

ok so heres whats going on... 02 LSS sedan ecotec

1. the retained accesory power is screwed up, i figured it was something with the button in the doorway not opening all the way, hauling it open worked but then it got worse, and now after tapping it a bit i knocked the whole assembly out of the hole.. will swapping out the head unit get rid of that?
Might have to replace the door switch is it not turning off when the door opens if thats the case replace the door switch there like 9 bucks canadain at our dealers

2. my car seems to buck under WOT coming from lower rpm, had the o2 sensor changed, CEL still reads as the cat is bad (0420 code) nothing else has been done recently
have you replaced the cat yet if not i would do that . i assume the wiring for the O2 isn't broken but i could happen if the cat doesn't solve this i would look there. what O2 was replaced primary or secondary??

3. my pass side wiper jet doesnt work, lines arent clogged that i can tell
remove the nozzel and turn on the washer if it sprays your nozzel needs to be replaced

4. on cold starts and until the car has been up to half way up the temp guage for a while when i press the clutch the car will wind down to 500 rpm and labor for a bit before climbing back to 1k does it when stopped and moving, car actually died this morning as a result of it but that hasnt happened in a while
I got nothing on this

5. lock wont open with the key on drivers side and pass side sometimes wont unlock from the switch but will with the key
lock probably needs to be lubes as does the passenger doo lock acuator if this doesn't fix it replace them

thats all i can remember off hand... any help would be great

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search