Fastest Ecotec Swap 00+ - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fastest Ecotec Swap 00+
Monday, May 16, 2011 7:37 PM
im not going unless i have to later down the road

I use my car every day and i was wondering what is the fastest time to swap in a eco in a 00+ cavalier and lets say you have every thing. no 5 speed swap just auto to auto

Re: Fastest Ecotec Swap 00+
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:57 AM
I did an eco into a 2001 Cavalier, replacing the 2.4L that was blown up. Took about 10 hours, but I was heavily distracted by beer.

And that one was 5 speed to 5 speed.. but same idea.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:23 AM
A weekend, and i was a first timer

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:55 PM
i have seen it done ina few hours 5-7
Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:36 PM
I did an eco swap into a 99 in a day and a half, so a 2000+ would be a 1 day job if you have everything you need waiting for you.

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:20 AM
if you had everything and knew what you were doing, a day.

if you had everything and was a first timer, like a weekend.

Friday, May 20, 2011 4:30 AM
when i did my frist swap when my twin was acting up we did it over the coarse of the weekend since my uncle allowed me space in the shop but i could only do it afterhours. so if i were to break down the days to hours we spent id say 4-6 hrs and that was with a setback of crank sensor mismatch.(i needed to get a diff harness due to my donor was not abs and i wanted to retain that lol). matter of fact we are currently doing one now and we were messing with the harness and discovered that this one has the same issue(the spacing of the pins are diff pending years 03-05). no biggie were off to the yard this weekend anyway lol =). hey just toss it all in the trunk and come see me out in philly ill hook you up. my hoist loves J-bodys. sersiously id hook u up.

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:02 AM
I did my 95 to 04 in a few days, took time with doing it though.

Friday, May 20, 2011 11:43 AM
I'd say give your self a weekend, and have a back up plan in case of any unforeseen problems, like a ride to work.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Friday, May 20, 2011 12:41 PM
Ya thats the nice part of my car its in the garage and I work on it when I want to and have a car to get to work, its a lot nicer, don't get rushed etc.....

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:10 PM
i'm doin a 2000 2.4 sedan to ecotec right now but i'm only working a few hours hear and there at it as i don't need the car

JBO since July 30, 2001

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search