outter tie rod end measurement - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
outter tie rod end measurement
Monday, September 03, 2012 9:07 AM
Okay guys I blew it again I was putting on my outter tie rod end, got it on dropped the car n boom I drive off and the car has a drastic pull to the left ( which is the side I changed ) needless to say I didn't mark the original position of the tie rod end.... Anybody know thw measurements from the top of the threads to to sleeve of the TRE or maybe a method to get it right? How critical is it the end be n the exaact spot

Re: outter tie rod end measurement
Monday, September 03, 2012 9:32 AM
your better off just getting a alignment

Monday, September 03, 2012 5:15 PM
PGHCav wrote:your better off just getting a alignment

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, September 03, 2012 5:21 PM
SHOoff wrote:
PGHCav wrote:your better off just getting a alignment

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, September 03, 2012 5:40 PM
Here is an easy way. Not the most accurate, but it works for now. Will save your tires as well. Also... counting the threads is not going to help you align a car...

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:33 PM
better off taking public transit cause clearly your can afford a car with warrenty or a car that needs repairs

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:52 PM
Hey Freelancer I appreciate that video bro it worked like a charm after I got my ball joint on with it thanks thanks thanks!

Not a 2.4 I'm going to be straight to the point with you I'm here talking to guys who are trying to help with issues simple, and you should use spell check before you decide you want to be funny on Cavalier forums.
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:02 PM
Tha Dyce wrote:Hey Freelancer I appreciate that video bro it worked like a charm after I got my ball joint on with it thanks thanks thanks!

Not a 2.4 I'm going to be straight to the point with you I'm here talking to guys who are trying to help with issues simple, and you should use spell check before you decide you want to be funny on Cavalier forums.

No problem. If you get any extra cash, then it is is of course good idea to get it done professionally.

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:07 PM
Yeah I could get it all done at the school I go to since I'm in the GM ASEP program but I want to do it for myself. I drive my grand am most of the time so ill be okay worst case senario ill take it to GTCC
Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:28 AM
NOTa2_4 wrote:better off taking public transit cause clearly your can afford a car with warrenty or a car that needs repairs

im with this guy....if you cant do it right the first time just park the car and save

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:38 PM
If your really going out of your way to agree with a guy that can't even spell....... You're just as dumb as he is. I'm a GM ASEP student worse case scenario I'll just take it to class anytime it needs repair.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:32 PM
An alignment isn't the end of the world, I agree do it right. How ever I've changed numerous suspension parts in the front end from the aluminum control arms to the struts. It was never drastically changed the way the car drove. Might have pulled on way or the other a hair but you can hit a pot hole and knock your toe out. That or if you have camber bolts knock them loose as well. If it did pull one way or another I've had decent luck with eyeballing the toe. How ever I've never got it perfect and it would depend on how straight the body work is.

I've done the measuring as well with out a ill affect. Heck driving on blow struts with lower springs is more dangerous if you ask me.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search