hi 1st post, theft lights stuck on, car cranks wont start - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hi 1st post, theft lights stuck on, car cranks wont start
Friday, August 16, 2013 6:21 PM
no ive done a lot of research and i think i am planning on going with newrockies inc. 's kit, http://newrockies.com/?ap_id=judd0081
it seems the most comprehensive and well put together. unless you guys could help me out with a reliable and safe method to get my car started? tried the key on 10 minute key off key on 10 minute thing for an hour for the last 3 days, doesnt work. theft light stays on but no start it just cranks and cranks. it did start once with starting fluid then died after 5 seconds. any advice on this newrockies kit or a comparable way to bypass passkey or w/e its called on my 99' sunfire 2.2L auto. thanks

Re: hi 1st post, theft lights stuck on, car cranks wont start
Friday, August 16, 2013 11:12 PM
I'm new here, but I do believe its 11 minutes, not 10.
Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:10 AM
http://www.j-body.org/faq//98/

You did it wrong if yours is a 99 and not a 99 with 2000 parts.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:04 PM
alex wrote:I'm new here, but I do believe its 11 minutes, not 10.

Just make sure you don't touch anything once the car dies. I climbed out my window and had lunch, then started mine up with no problems when I swapped clusters.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:12 PM
still cant get anything out of it. continous cranking over not ever catching. theft lights on, left battery out over night tried every key trick there is no help. what do i do? order the kit? and i think my head gaskets blown, waters comin out the spark plug sockets and compressions low in cyl. 1 & 2.
Monday, August 19, 2013 12:06 PM
I believe the procedure is to try and crank the motor and leave the key in the run position until the light stops flashing.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:10 PM
yes but not when u have a blown head gasjet
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:26 AM
Tone707 wrote:yes but not when u have a blown head gasjet
Did you blow it again? If so, I'd like to know how you did it without the car running.

Also, Why the hell are you trying to get it running if it does still have a blown head gasket? Wow.

Attachments
oh boy.png (22k)

Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:05 PM
at one point it did happen to drive normally for about 40 miles and we used it and near the end of normal driving it got hot and the head gasket blew. so i have a few things i must check out
Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:14 PM
im just gonna have a junkyard come and get this thing
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search