3400 lower engine mount bracket, any interest? - Page 3 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 3400 lower engine mount bracket, any interest?
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:02 PM
CAVETTE wrote:1. ray gardner
2. Tom Williams
3. JAS
4. Fbodyguy
5. Chris B.
6. michael c

Monday, March 10, 2014 8:11 PM
i know this thread is old but is anyone willing to hand out the dimensions?
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:38 AM
jacob mahon wrote:i know this thread is old but is anyone willing to hand out the dimensions?
The dimensions for this style are posted in the sticky somewhere.

Also, I have some of my original production run that need a little modification to work listed in the classifieds. They mount to the block and the oil pan like the factory 3400 mount does. The first run had a poor margin of error, so they don't fit the engine exactly right. A little drilling out and/or minor bending is required to get them to fit properly, but other than that, they will do the job quite well.

If you have the ability to make something like this yourself, you really don't need much info, just build it while the engine is in. Make the plate and yoke, then tack them together with the dogbone in place, and do the finish welding on the bench.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:47 AM
I'm having a friend make it for me and he can't do it at my car... That's why I needed the dimensions, I like this bracket, it looks really sleek and clean. Any way I could get all the deminaions, not just the bolt hole locations?
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:56 AM
jacob mahon wrote:I'm having a friend make it for me and he can't do it at my car... That's why I needed the dimensions, I like this bracket, it looks really sleek and clean. Any way I could get all the deminaions, not just the bolt hole locations?
Someone posted the dimensions for this style in the sticky. Just look through it. I know it's there. It's on one of the first couple of pages.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:13 AM
The only thing that picture provides is the dimensions for where the holes go..
Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:33 AM
jacob mahon wrote:The only thing that picture provides is the dimensions for where the holes go..
That's really all you need. The rest of the dimensions are fairly obvious once you have the holes, but non of them are critical. I used to have a full blown technical drawing of that design in PDF, but I'm not sure where the file is. However, as I said, the overall dimensions of the parts aren't critical, so long as the holes are in the right spot. Make yourself a cardboard mockup and you'll be fine.

Not so sound like a dick, but really, if you want DIY, dive in and do some work. That drawing gives you the basics. If you want it easier, buy one of my already made ones that just needs a little tweaking. If you have someone to do machine work, it's really nothing to mod them. A couple of holes opened up and possibly some minor bending.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:36 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search