V6 swap almost complete - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
V6 swap almost complete
Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:14 PM
Hey guys I'm finishing up a 3400 swap on an 02 z24 for a friend. 01 impala computer/engine harness. It's basically plumbed and wired. I'm just waiting for my new tablet to show up so I can delete theft and auto codes since my laptop died.

My main question is on the cavy c100 connector there are 2 purple serial data lines the seem to be on the same circuit. My impala ecu only has 1 serial data wire so do I need to hook both into it or just one?

I will get pics of car and swap up after my new nextbook shows up and i don't have to post from my phone.

Re: V6 swap almost complete
Saturday, August 06, 2016 2:11 PM
nothing at all? None of the old v6 swappers still here?

I hooked in to hpt the car today and the scanner will read and display. The editor will not let me read entire so im not entirely sure whats going on. Its not doing the start and die from security either. may have to get a v6 bcm and try. I have crank and fuel pump prime now but will not fire on its own.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:05 AM
I believe one of the purple wires goes to the OBD II connector, and the other to the BCM, but I could be wrong. I would try hooking just one of them up and see what happens. If everything works fine, leave it alone. If not, try the other one, and third, try hooking them together. If I get a chance, I'll try to find the wiring diagram for the car and check it out.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:07 PM
I hooked all three serial data wires together and everything seems to work. I also got hpt to read and flash the ecm with vats modified. I still cant get it to fire the injectors and im not sure which neutral safety wires i need to jump. That should be the last thing holding this up. My old swap with two computers was much easier to figure out when i wired my 95 Z with 94 3100.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search