screwed - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
screwed
Wednesday, May 04, 2016 9:41 AM

hi,everyone
I am cleaning up a nice 2000 sunfire gt convertible and have read and used many topics from here for my car

I am in need of the 2 inch screws that hold down the door sill plate ,I have been unable to locate these
I have been to many wrecking yards and it looks loke these were for convertibles only
I have been to a few stealerships,many auto parts stores and many yards and am still empty handed
the only ones I found were on a very rusted 97 convert that were much worse than mine

Philips head with a self tapping tip ,would and could also use non self tapping but cannot locate anything

have only found square head and I do not want the car to look like a carpenter built a deck !

any help will be greatly apreciated

Re: screwed
Monday, October 10, 2016 12:57 AM
If it's an actual screw thread than go to the hardware store and try different nuts on your old screw to see if one fits, than you'll know what thread it is. Worst case scenario you get a tap and die set, re-tap the hole to the next size up and buy matching screws for your new thread size.

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search