Well...Got A Problem. - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well...Got A Problem.
Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:03 PM
I will start by flaming myself, I was stupid for what I done and how I done it, but you only live once. Well put the Nitrous Express 75 wet kit in and went for my first run. I WOT wait till 2nd then shoot. I am sure I shot to early (roughly 2000rpms). As soon as it shot it kicked in and i heard a BOOM. I killed the Nitrous. Engine died and I pulled off. I turn the bottle off and pop the hood, my Intake tube was FUBAR. The couplings blew apart and the filter blew up some. Try to start the car and it rolls over but doesnt start. Luckily a friend seen it happen and rushed over they towed me and we looked at it more. It acts like it jumped time cause it wants to start and did a few times but was buh buh buh buh buuh and die. I was going to further analyze the problem tommorow but was wantin to get some opinions i will list my "safety mods".

Ram Air intake, 4-1 Header, Hi Flow Cat, 3A Racing muffler, AC Delco 2 step colder plugs.

Thanks and wish me luck...

Re: Well...Got A Problem.
Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:12 PM
Well after further inspection i blew a hole in the intake manifold "from TB to the head". Could this be causing the problem? How hard is it going to be to change? I looked at the valves and they all looked straight. What else should i look for? Thanks
Sunday, August 06, 2006 1:43 PM
yes a hole in your intake mani. would cause one heck of a problem

***Need A Power Lock Switch?***

Sunday, August 06, 2006 4:59 PM
Nice!
I'd check the spark plugs just for the hell of it.

2.2 crane cams rockers for sale
2200 pushrods for sale
P.M Me...
Sunday, August 06, 2006 6:35 PM
Well started to tkae some more apart. The TB is off and the backside of it is burnt. Can I polish this up or is it worth a 56mm?? If I can polish it, how exactly do I do it?? Im hoping the intake manifold is the only problem, if so then the other 2 cylinders would be firin but two cant fire, which would cause it to sound out of time. What intake manifolds options do I have??
Thanks
Monday, August 07, 2006 4:35 PM
Just hit a junkyard and grab a stock one

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search