Cheap NX setup!!!! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cheap NX setup!!!!
Friday, December 22, 2006 7:46 PM
Why is this NX kit so cheap? Is it just the ugly bottle or are there parts missing. Do you think it would hold up like any other NX kit? Because if it does, i'm about to buy this sucker!!!

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NEX%2DML2000&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Re: Cheap NX setup!!!!
Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:02 AM
Well the biggest thing I'm seeing is it doesn't have a WOT switch.. which is the switch that you connect to below your gas pedal to activate the n2o kit. So you would have to activate the system on a push button.. WHOOPS... just noticed something a lot more important. Doesnt have solenoids at all... you definately need those... lol... I got my system for like 500 shipped to my door... And its the full NX EFI Wet kit. My opinion that isn't worth getting.... solenoids are pretty expensive.... =-x

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Saturday, December 23, 2006 6:58 AM
where did you get your kit from? i heard wet kits are really hard to install... i am just wanting to run a 60 to a 75 shot...
Saturday, December 23, 2006 8:09 AM
my wet kit wasn't that bad to install. Just as long as you can read instructions fairly well... lol... I actually bought mine off of ebay. I'll see if i can find the seller i bought from and post the link up.

Saturday, December 23, 2006 9:36 AM
Kendal Brown wrote:where did you get your kit from? i heard wet kits are really hard to install... i am just wanting to run a 60 to a 75 shot...

you can get your kit from NX themselves, Gravanatuning.com, your local speed shop, etc etc.
only thing i think is hard about a wet kit is the feul solenoid and tapping the feul line. wiring is easy if you know what you are doing or can follow instructions.

of course you need colder plugs. i liked NGK tr6 plugs. get them at any autostore. the you also need to run premium gas too

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:03 PM
Yea what kind of engine this going onto? Your registry has nothing in it about your car, all I see is a comment saying that its an 01.. lol..

Saturday, December 23, 2006 4:21 PM
I peiced my kit together for 300 canadian it is a N O S system dry
Saturday, December 23, 2006 11:10 PM
Those kits are so cheap because everything is BARE minimum to run nitrous and not everything meets the perfection NX maintains for their #1 kits. The parts are all quality but some parts may be like #2 quality.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, December 24, 2006 8:34 AM
CavyFreak442 wrote:Well the biggest thing I'm seeing is it doesn't have a WOT switch.. which is the switch that you connect to below your gas pedal to activate the n2o kit. So you would have to activate the system on a push button.. WHOOPS... just noticed something a lot more important. Doesnt have solenoids at all... you definately need those... lol... I got my system for like 500 shipped to my door... And its the full NX EFI Wet kit. My opinion that isn't worth getting.... solenoids are pretty expensive.... =-x

do you reasearc before you comment (why the @!#$ would they call it a kit if it didnt come with solonoids) the only thing is it uses diffrent solonoids than the efi kit and it doesnt have a wot switch.

ok here is your switch. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEI-CryO2-WOT-Wide-Open-Throttle-Kit-NX-NOS-ZEX-Nitrous_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ004QQitemZ140067038386QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

now its not that bad of a kit if you dont want to spend the full 500+ for a new efi kit from nx

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:21 PM
this is probably going to be a noobish question but... what does "EFI" stand for? if i didnt want to run nitrous from the gas pedal, could i just use this system from a button in the car (steering wheel)... i really dont like the gas pedal activation...
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:36 PM
EFI = electronic feul injection.
my WOT switch was not mounted to the gas pedal. it was mounted near the spring of the TB where the throttle cable is. so when i was at WOT the nitrous would kick in. that button on the steering wheel is how some of these fast and furious types blow the engine

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:55 PM
so there isnt a safe way to have a button to control your nitrous?
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:03 PM
didnot say that. its just safer to have a WOT switch.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:06 PM
so if i bought this system... what else would i need to get besides what comes with it?
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:13 PM
you said it didnt come with a WOT switch... what does it come with!!???
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:15 PM
WOT switch, bottle heater, purge would help, feul pressure saftey switch. list goes on.

but it be wise to save your money and get a complete kit. like this one. then get this. that is a accessory kit. come swiht bottle heater. nitrous gauge, purge etc etc. one thing with nitrous, you dont want to get cheap with this stuff.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:23 PM
thanks man, i almost made a poor decision on blowing my motor up witha crappy nitrous setup
Sunday, January 28, 2007 4:32 PM
wot switches are cheap....summit has them too
Friday, March 09, 2007 1:18 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=NEX%2D20923%2D05&N=700+400229+4294871048+4294871035+115&autoview=sku = teh sex

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Friday, March 09, 2007 8:54 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:Those kits are so cheap because everything is BARE minimum to run nitrous and not everything meets the perfection NX maintains for their #1 kits. The parts are all quality but some parts may be like #2 quality.

X2

the "main line" is for the cheap people, it really is the bare minimum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search