WOT in-car question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WOT in-car question
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:52 PM
is there anyway to run the WOT switch inside of your car? like....... flip the engage switch on, and have the WOT mounted somewhere on the gauge bezel or steering wheel? or have a cover over your "coin collector" and remove it and push the WOT button to engage the nitrous... maybe i am a complete retard. i just think it would look cool. What are yalls opinions?

Re: WOT in-car question
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:07 PM
whats the point of a wide open throttle switch if its not there to protect your engine from nitrous while its not under wide open throttle?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:27 PM
Look into an MSD Window switch. They are flat out awesome! it is programable to open at WOTM or you can preset the RPM you want nitrous activation and it will open at that RPM if at WOT. They make using nitrous simple, and you can get better times with one because you can set it when you wont have wheelspin.
Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:15 PM
i have one laying around. pm me if you need one.

Friday, March 30, 2007 6:03 PM
my WOT is sittin under my gas pedal.... soon as it hits the floor... n2o engages... its pretty nice. Might swap it to under the hood eventually... who knows tho, lol.

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Monday, April 02, 2007 11:15 PM
hahaha^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And I thought I was the only one with that...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, April 02, 2007 11:23 PM
Ok so I go to Wyotech and Ive learned quite a bite being here... The main reason N2O engages on WOT is because at WOT the computer goes into open loop and does not read the O2 sensors. It just dumps as much fuel as possible with in reason to maintain a 14.7 to 1 A/F ratio. If you have lots of fuel with N2O and maybe just a little to less air there is nothing to be worried about. If you engage N2O at say half throttle the computer is still in closed loop and is reading the O2 sensors and is trying to get the best fuel eco. Which at that time it might be leaning the fuel system out a little bit which may cause you to detonate when spraying. Bottom line is that you want N2O to engage at WOT no matter how much you hate it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:52 AM
A n2o system greatly increases the amount of torque at lower engine rpms. If you were to engage it at a lower rpm (not w.o.t.) you could have serious failures. I say this as could because i dont know. I do know a 200 ft.lb engine with a 100 shot of n2o will make about 400-500 ft.lbs of torque, maybe even more, at around 800 rpm at idle. In other words... it reverses the torque curve, and the engine cant handle double the torque at idle.

All this is in theory...by what i have learned and been taught.

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:01 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:Ok so I go to Wyotech and Ive learned quite a bite being here... The main reason N2O engages on WOT is because at WOT the computer goes into open loop and does not read the O2 sensors. It just dumps as much fuel as possible with in reason to maintain a 14.7 to 1 A/F ratio. If you have lots of fuel with N2O and maybe just a little to less air there is nothing to be worried about. If you engage N2O at say half throttle the computer is still in closed loop and is reading the O2 sensors and is trying to get the best fuel eco. Which at that time it might be leaning the fuel system out a little bit which may cause you to detonate when spraying. Bottom line is that you want N2O to engage at WOT no matter how much you hate it.

isnt that somethign you shoudl have known BEFORE you start using nitrous?

to the orignal poster. a Wide Open Throttle switch belongs on teh throttle linkage somewhere. then you run another switch that lets you engage it whenever you wish as long as you are at full throttle.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search