nitrous line - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nitrous line
Sunday, May 20, 2007 11:31 AM
Does anyone make a steel braided line that doesn't break?This is the 2nd line that has broken on me!!!There is a small circuliar press fitting that goes inside the lower part of the fitting that screws onto the bottle and it seems like after taking the line on/off a few times it(press fitting) slips out.Any way to fix this?I can still screw the line on but it leaks BAD where that press fitting is supposed to go.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: nitrous line
Sunday, May 20, 2007 3:30 PM
I'm not sure what kit you are using or why you are breaking stainless line but you should be able to get a custom peice of line made at a local performance shop or buy one online.

My Zex kit just has a regular screw on fitting that goes onto the bottle..

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 20, 2007 3:35 PM
I know that, and I have the same fitting that screws on to the bottle nut,but...there is a press fitting that goes inside that fitting that keeps breaking,could I try to jb weld it to fix the area that is leaking?

Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:28 PM
something doesnt sound right. Where is the bottle mounted? Does the line connect at a weird angle? and where do you keep getting ur braided lines?

Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:57 PM
bottle sits in the car,I cut out part of the center console.Bottle sits how it's supposed to with the bottle brackets.1st line came with the kit,2nd was purchased on Ebay, used.I think it could be how I'm tightening it onto the bottle.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:31 PM
possibly I haven't had any problems with my line, nor has any of my buddies who spray. Do you have any pics of how the bottle is mounted int he car?

Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:39 PM
I can get some,I got the idea from another org. member who has a pic somewhere
I just took some JB weld and filled the gap where it was leaking,although that is a temp. fix

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:41 PM

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:31 PM
I would second guess the way you are tightening the line to the bottle. Could you be over torquing it? You don't necessarily have to torque the @!#$ out of it, just enough to not leak

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Monday, June 18, 2007 4:14 PM
Got the new line,back in buisness Also I have two used 14' nitrous lines,one has a broken fitting on one end and needs to be cut and replace the fitting.The other is already cut and needs one fitting.I'll sell them real cheap.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:13 AM
How much is cheap?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:15 AM
pm sent

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:07 AM
pm sent

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:58 PM
you want the lines?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:07 AM
lines sold, thanks

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:47 AM
no, thank you

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:17 PM
also have two used Edelbrock Performer solenoids nitrous and fuel for sale in the class.(engine) section.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:25 PM
jesus man! Why didn't you tell me! Nah, kidding. I'm all set there.

Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:19 PM
couple pics that JUCNBST asked for

Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:22 PM
Forgot to add that the blanket was made by my gf out of an old seat cover I had(Maltese Cross) and I have a plate I painted black to cover the hole left from cutting out half of the console.Bottle brackets are bolted right to the car and have locks on the bracket arms.Did all that after all my audio stuff was stolen.

Sunday, June 24, 2007 10:57 PM
Gotchya.......I think the member you got the idea from was skilz.. I might be wrong though. Easy access is always a nice thing to have............

Monday, June 25, 2007 8:09 AM
wow, cool idea, but since all your audio was stolen, whats going to keep that from happening again with the bottle? IDK, I can't see modding a vert with interior "bling" but for that idea alone! I am soo afraid that I am going to have a nice big hole in the roof and the stereo equipment gone as well.

good luck man, I have my fingers crossed

Monday, June 25, 2007 10:45 AM
Bottle brackets are bolted right to the car and have locks on the bracket arms.Better have some tools to get this out.No other bling in the car,in fact the radar detector is bolted to the dash as well,tastefully done though.F*** the bling,I want power.Also I have a DEI alarm and am planning to get the prox. sensor that hooks up to it.I hate seat covers but everyone always said they liked the Maltese cross ones so I figured why not make an inexpensive bottle blanket

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 25, 2007 10:51 AM

Sunday, July 01, 2007 11:39 PM
Sh!t, with the bottle mounted like that, I hope you NEVER get pulled over. Kinda hard to hide that from a cop.

I'd be paranoid as hell, if I ever put nitrous in my car (which, hell, I might do someday honestly), that I'd end up getting caught with it and get seriously busted, just with how my luck is. That'd be the reason why I'd have it mounted in the trunk/spare tire well or something like that (remote bottle opener and such, obviously). Without probable cause, they can't actually search your car, but if it's in plain sight, they can ask/cite/arrest all they want pretty much. And say whatever you want, I wouldn't want to simply go on "the bottle's not open while I'm driving on the road."

I could just see it, I'd install nitrous in my car, and later that same day get pulled over. If my bottle was mounted like that, I'd probably end up busted with some kind of "intent to race on public highways" or some similar crap, and be watching my car disappear from view behind a tow truck while I sit in the back of a cruiser. It just seems that's how my luck goes - whether it seems far fetched or not. The world likes to take a dump on me and that bottle placement seems like it's asking for some kind of trouble...
Monday, July 02, 2007 7:53 AM
there is nothign illegal about having a nitrous bottle in the car.

state laws vary from state to state, some states you have to have the bottle valve closed, otheres require you to close the bottle vavle and unhook the line form the bottle, but I've never head of anyone getitng ticket simply form having a mounted bottle. You unhok it and your fine.

Monday, July 02, 2007 9:18 AM
Marcus Williams wrote:Sh!t, with the bottle mounted like that, I hope you NEVER get pulled over. Kinda hard to hide that from a cop.

I'd be paranoid as hell, if I ever put nitrous in my car (which, hell, I might do someday honestly), that I'd end up getting caught with it and get seriously busted, just with how my luck is. That'd be the reason why I'd have it mounted in the trunk/spare tire well or something like that (remote bottle opener and such, obviously). Without probable cause, they can't actually search your car, but if it's in plain sight, they can ask/cite/arrest all they want pretty much. And say whatever you want, I wouldn't want to simply go on "the bottle's not open while I'm driving on the road."

I could just see it, I'd install nitrous in my car, and later that same day get pulled over. If my bottle was mounted like that, I'd probably end up busted with some kind of "intent to race on public highways" or some similar crap, and be watching my car disappear from view behind a tow truck while I sit in the back of a cruiser. It just seems that's how my luck goes - whether it seems far fetched or not. The world likes to take a dump on me and that bottle placement seems like it's asking for some kind of trouble...

I have gotten' pulled over and the cop did ask about the bottle but it is not illegal in my state.Should I have a blow down tube ,yes,but I don't and I am not the first to have the bottle placed in the cab.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search