Nitrogen Assisted Nitrous Oxide a.k.a. NANO - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Nitrogen Assisted Nitrous Oxide a.k.a. NANO
Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:49 AM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:See that bolt on the side? I wonder if I could just take a nitrogen tank for paintball with valve of its own and run it into there with, say, a -4AN line.

You would need to use a special bottle valve with a special fitting. All the ports on a standard valve will tap into the nitrous supply pickup tube and puttting any gas (compressed air, nitrogen, co2) into them would feed the gas to the engine, not fill space in the bottle. A special valve with a port that feeds directly into the top of the bottle is needed to force nitrous out of the feed.

Grumpy McGrumpster(BIGGSZ24) wrote:Curious though,it says 3000 psi on that bolt,didn't the guy above say that his nitrogen
tank was pushin 4500 psi,I am still interested in some sort of homemade setup,let me know
if you come up with somethin'

You will use a regulator on the supply tank set to about 1000 psi to keep the bottle at 1000 psi. If a regulator wasn't used, pressure would drop as the supply bottle emptied and nitrous flow would drop off accordingly. Also, you really don't want to pump up a nitrous bottle above 1500 psi ever.

sig not found

Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:12 AM
protomec wrote:

You would need to use a special bottle valve with a special fitting. All the ports on a standard valve will tap into the nitrous supply pickup tube and puttting any gas (compressed air, nitrogen, co2) into them would feed the gas to the engine, not fill space in the bottle. A special valve with a port that feeds directly into the top of the bottle is needed to force nitrous out of the feed.

Aright, I see what you are saying, but I did read on their website
Quote:

Selecting the right NANO System Kits:

The kit you purchase depends on two items; the valve you have in your nitrous oxide bottle, and the capacity of your nitrous oxide bottle.

NANO compatible valves: If your nitrous oxide bottle has a valve that is compatible with the NANO System, you can purchase the NANO Universal kit.

We define any valve has a port that access the “vapor pressure” of your nitrous bottle as a NANO Compatible valve. If your nitrous bottles are equipped with a NANO Compatible valve purchase the NANO Universal Kit. If your valve is not compatible, you will need to purchase our Competition Kit which comes with its own ‘Super Hi Flo valve and siphon tube.

The NANO bottle is designed to match the capacity of your nitrous oxide bottle. You must specify if you want the kit for a 10 lb, 15 lb, or 20 lb bottle.

So I just thought that maybe, just maybe it was the same idea as being compatable.

But in essence all I would need is that bottle valve from them and I could be done with it. Get a paintball bottle and my own fittings.
correct?

Saturday, August 18, 2007 1:39 PM
Check out the article in 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords August 2007 pg 228. Tech Inspection Editor KJ Jones tested the NANO System and gives his review in this article. Remember, however, that the system is not designed for Mustangs only! Also, if you watch the video @ www.nanonitrous.com the owner and designer of the NANO System Tom Darnell Jr. is the one who owns the Mustang being raced in the video. In fact, he is the one actually racing that 'Stang! So if you have any doubts as to whether or not he knows about racing, I can guarantee he knows his business because he lives it, breathes it and down right LOVES it.

Dragnlady
Saturday, August 18, 2007 2:19 PM
ROFLOL

yee haa, we now have internet trolls glamming on to the topic.
google yourself much?

While I find the product useful, I have to pick apart the net troll,,,

any magazine article = nothing more than a paid advertisment. When was the last time you saw a negative mag article???

The owner of the company owns the car in the vid and is the one driving it..... WHO CARES!!!! it has nothing to do with the usefullness of the product.

"So if you have any doubts as to whether or not he knows about racing, I can guarantee he knows his business because he lives it, breathes it and down right LOVES it." AGAIN WHO CARES!!!!!! Nothing at all to do with the product's function or usefulness.
Lets seal him in an oxygen free room and see him breathe racing and live.

Is "dragnlady" your name because of racing or is it how you look???

sig not found
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search