50-75 shot dry - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
50-75 shot dry
Monday, September 24, 2007 11:05 PM
Ok i have the nitrous installed in my car and ready to rock and roll. lol BUT i wanted to know if i have a 50 dry, will my car lean out and get knock or detenation? and that is the same question excecpt for a 75 dry.
It is a NOS kit.
I have 04-05 Srt-4 (1 step Colder) spark plugs gapped at .035.
Will a 50 or a 75 shot be (use this word loose) Safe on my motor.

Re: 50-75 shot dry
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:55 AM
You have to remeber that you are not adding any additional fuel at all,heed the advice given to you by others previously,you should get a wideband,afpr,etc:IMHO don't go more than a 50 shot espicially if you are boosting the car this winter.Makes no sense to have to replac the motor as well.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 1:12 PM
Grumpy McGrumpster(BIGGSZ24) wrote:You have to remeber that you are not adding any additional fuel at all,heed the advice given to you by others previously,you should get a wideband,afpr,etc:IMHO don't go more than a 50 shot espicially if you are boosting the car this winter.Makes no sense to have to replac the motor as well.

Obviously you don't know anything about nitrous, so why're you filling his head with bad advice?

YES, you ARE adding fuel when you spray with a dry shot. LOTS of fuel, actually. I would stick with a 50 dry shot and you can run it all day long. Get 1 or 2-step colder plugs as well. An A/F gauge would be nice, also--doesn't have to be a wide-band. You're also going to want a fuel pressure gauge (in-engine gauge is 20.00 in Jegs). Use this to ensure that when you spray, fuel pressure is shooting up to compensate. There's a way to do this test without the car moving...let me know if you need help. I also recommend you use a WOT switch.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:46 PM
I don't know anything?Who are you kidding,Did u fin read what I wrote,I said ADDITIONAL FUEL,read b4 you talk smack,Ask anyone here,a wet kit is the safest way to go.But do want you want

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:51 PM
Quote:

you ARE adding fuel when you spray with a dry shot. LOTS of fuel

Do you even know the difference between a wet and dry shot, dry adds no addtional fuel.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:52 PM
first off, your not going to get ANY added fuel for that first couple of seconds before the ECM sees the added air from the 02 sensor. so your running DRY for that time. i know its not much, but come on here. thats all it would take to smoke an engine.

as for an AF gauge? wtf? have u ever used one? it doesnt provide much of an acurate reading at all, basically it tells you that you are either deathly rich or deathly lean. a wideband IS the way to go.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:34 PM
On a side note what I meant was added fuel as a wet kit provides,the kit in its self,the op has been pming me for awhile and said he was going to add a fuel solenoid so I guess if he wants to do a dry shot exceeding 50 then GL to him

Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:28 PM
No, I don't know anything about nitrous...I've only been running it for 5 years now and setting it up in customers cars. Nope...I don't know a thing--teach me

For the size shot that we run--40, 50, 60--dry is perfectly safe and far too many people have jumped on the "wet kit band wagon" in recent years. Dry kits OVER compensate for the nitrous being injected and I've never, ever had a problem with a dry kit if the owner uses it correctly. And again...they wouldn't MAKE narrow bands if they didn't work at all. Again, another band wagon that all you guys have jumped on. But go ahead...spend 250.00 on a NB setup to make sure your 50-shot doesn't "smoke your engine." That gave me a good laugh.

z yaaaa wrote:first off, your not going to get ANY added fuel for that first couple of seconds before the ECM sees the added air from the 02 sensor. so your running DRY for that time. i know its not much, but come on here. thats all it would take to smoke an engine.

ACTUALLY...before the nitrous even has a chance to HIT the throttle body, the NOS vac solenoid forces your FPR open and makes it boost fuel pressure way up. So yes, it IS safe.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:56 PM
whatever u say dude, personally would never trust a dry kit, just my .02. As for installing n2o kits, what maybe 1 or 2.....every other month

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:04 AM
More than I can count, buddy--and vehicle types all across the board. Never had a motor blow; never had any failures.

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:10 AM
I'll attest that not a single customer's car that had been outfitted with nitrous at our shop has returned with a blown motor or anything of the such.

Friday, October 05, 2007 10:58 AM
Q. What are the differences between a dry nozzle and a wet nozzle?
A. The "dry" system uses the factory fuel injection to enrich the nitrous introduced into the engine. The flaw with this technology is that no matter how much nitrous arrives at a certain intake port it always gets the same preset amount of fuel, or if a fuel injector becomes clogged engine damage will result. The "Wet" technology introduces a precise amount of fuel and nitrous through a high tech mixing nozzle that atomizes the fuel to microscopic proportions. This allows every cylinder to receive a precise, homogenous mixture of fuel and nitrous, thus insuring a safe, powerful increase.

For Mr.Omega,taken directly from the NX site.

Friday, October 05, 2007 1:10 PM

Dry-Kits: Dry kits rely on "existing" Fuel sorces to provide the extra gas. Extra gas is acomplished through either increasing the fuel pressure, or having the computer add more fuel. 10 years ago Dry kits normally meant either adding fuel pressure by injecting nitrous into the fuel-pressure regulat vaccum control line or adding it via a computer modification to the ECM. Today "dry kits" typically blow through a Mass Air Flow Meter and rely on it to detect the extra oxygen and provide more gas. Advatanges: Easy to install. Disadvatages, you're asking the fuel system to do something it wasn't designed to do and that can cause problems.

A Dry Nitrous kit relies on the car's ECU to add the extra fuel, the nitrous system injects only nitrous oxide. Some dry nitrous kits inject the nitrous oxide in such a way as to 'trick' the ECU into adding the extra fuel. Other dry nitrous kits have the ECU reprogrammed to enrich the fuel injection when nitrous is added or use third party ECUs to control the engine
ZEX™ Dry Nitrous Kit
ZEX™ has designed the ultimate Smart Nitrous Oxide System. The ZEX™ Dry Nitrous System, using ZEX™'s patented fuel control technology, reads the nitrous bottle pressure and adjusts the fuel enrichment accordingly. If it is a cool day out and the nitrous bottle pressure is around 700 psi, the nitrous system will add less enrichment than if it is a warm day and the nitrous bottle is at 950 psi. This unique feature ensures that you always have the optimum ratio of nitrous oxide and fuel, never too rich, never too lean. This ensures maximum power and safety at all bottle pressures. Once armed, the kit is activated at wide-open throttle by a programmable electronic sensor that learns the voltage curve of your TPS sensor. This design ensures your nitrous oxide is engaged at the perfect throttle point every time. The design of ZEX™ Dry Nitrous System makes it the simplest, safest, and easiest to install nitrous oxide kit on the market.

I can go on and on about wet vs.dry,fact is wet is safer and less to deal with until you reach higher HP levels.Nobody here is saying dry kits are bad and they are safer at LOWER hp levels for our cars on stock internals.
But if you think you can just slap a dry kit on and spray a 75hp shot all the time then your wrong,without other acc. like timing retard(msd),window switches,saftey hardware,then GL to ya.
What info. did YOU provide to the OP that may have actually helped him???And for one your the one tellin the OP to go with a NB gauge,everyone know WB is the more accuraate of the two.Quit tryin to prove your knowdledge to people that don't really care about your opinions and your overpriced items that you guys sell.BWAAHHHH,I looked at your sight and OMG,$250 for a polished piece of pipe,oh and your turbo setup fot that truck is the most hideous thing I have ever seen.

Friday, October 05, 2007 1:36 PM
lol yeah i am spraying 35... i think right now, its the lowest nozzle i have its a NOS kit at 020 is the nozzle. i will not proceed to go anymore without the fuel solenoid and proper equipment. i have been doing LOTS and LOTS of research but for now, i have no knocks or detonation so i know it is safe, i do have 1 step colder plugs with 93 octane fuel. but i now need a Nitrous guru i should say. I have three nozzles, and i have tried to find this out on the internet with like 2 hours of research and found nothing. Does anyone know the shot a 020, a 022, and a 024, nozzle is. Its a NOS kit. so any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Friday, October 05, 2007 3:10 PM
www.robietherobot.com

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:22 PM
Quote:

buddy

I ain't ur buddy so please refrain from using such terms even if they are meant as sarcasm. Here's something you can understand, no sarcasm at all, imo, I would NEVER use a dry kit for more than a 50 shot, just my .02. If it works for you guys great, grand, terrific. I'm not gonna chance my motor on the words of "experts".

Monday, October 08, 2007 7:42 AM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:Q. What are the differences between a dry nozzle and a wet nozzle?
A. The "dry" system uses the factory fuel injection to enrich the nitrous introduced into the engine. The flaw with this technology is that no matter how much nitrous arrives at a certain intake port it always gets the same preset amount of fuel, or if a fuel injector becomes clogged engine damage will result. The "Wet" technology introduces a precise amount of fuel and nitrous through a high tech mixing nozzle that atomizes the fuel to microscopic proportions. This allows every cylinder to receive a precise, homogenous mixture of fuel and nitrous, thus insuring a safe, powerful increase.

For Mr.Omega,taken directly from the NX site.

I know how a dry kit works, but thanks for the summary A preset amount of fuel--in the case of the dry setup--is a lot of fuel. It overcompensates for the nitrous. Running rich doesn't blow motors. Fuel injectors can clog--of course they can. But y'know what...so can the plume on a wet kit.

Whatever you say, Skunk

Monday, October 08, 2007 5:59 PM
Quote:

Whatever you say, Skunk

Spoken like a true 12 year old girl.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:39 AM
Wow...what a come-back...that one hurt. Btw, nice pics of the fat chick in AG. You sleep with that? My condolences

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:11 PM
BWAHHW,your one to talk with your chubby asian girl in your sig.Someone ate too many chow mein noodles.What, your ride is SOOO! hot that you couldn't get a Nopi -type model to pose?,your a dick,just stop now.And before you commence to rag on me or my ride,let me stop ya',it's a pos cav vert but hey it was free,oh and no I don't live with my parents and I am a cnc operator not a fast food worker and no I don't make $50k a year.Think that covered it.So have a Coke and a Smile and STFU

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:17 PM
Um, thanks for the life story...but that particular post had nothing to do with you in case you didn't notice. Go jerk off. And yeah...I didn't ask her to pose on the car, she wanted to. Chubby? Okay, let's see the girls who've posed on YOUR car and then we'll talk.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:53 PM
The so called life story was so that you would refrain you from using the common JBO insults,but I guess with an insult that tells me to go jerk off I just can't win can I?LMAO!!.Curtis is a friend for one so i'm going to back him up,for two I already told you my car is a piece o crap so what would be the point of getting a hot chic to pose with my p.o.s. cav?You show car guys are somethin' else.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 1:23 PM
No, I guess you can't win (?) I didn't really start the "common insults" you refer to; I do believe it began with the 12-year-old-girl comment that made no sense

Sure--stick up for him--I get it; that's what friends do

Yes, I know your car isn't anything special at this point. My own point was that if you're going to say the girl on my car is fat/chubby/ugly (whatever), show me someone better on your own car.

I'm actually not a show car guy, but I'm glad it may appear to people that I am. I didn't build my motor to be bulletproof so that it can sit in a field for judges to critique. My true passion is just driving the car and enjoying it.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:09 PM
How about this,you can race Curtis with your "bulletproof" motor and then run your mouth to him,and if a comment calling you a 12 yr. girl offends you THAT much then you should not post on the JBO anymore.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:15 PM
lol at this thread.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search