Is this safe - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is this safe
Friday, November 09, 2007 1:36 AM
Ok i have a 99 sunfie 2.2 only mods r pace setter header and intake. I have a nitious kit im going to put on my Lightning but i popped the trany so i think just for fun im going to put it on the sunfire its a dry shot Nos brand. I will only spray a 50 shot. What would you say the safest and cheapest way to do this is. Always put premeum and a step colder plugs maybe let me know. Not to familier with these engines
Thanks
Tony

Re: Is this safe
Friday, November 09, 2007 1:06 PM
I ran 2-steps colder plugs, a fuel pressure safety switch and a throttle activation switch so you can only spray at WOT. There's tons of things you can do to make sure you're safe, but that's a bare-bones install that should be bulletproof for 40-60 h.p. worth of nitrous.

Friday, November 09, 2007 3:01 PM
its a ohv it'll blow
Friday, November 09, 2007 3:16 PM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:its a ohv it'll blow

what an informed response.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, November 09, 2007 9:12 PM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:its a ohv it'll blow
Do we want to start comparing blown motors (L61, LD9, LN2)?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Saturday, November 10, 2007 12:50 PM
im simpling stating dont waste your time fix your lightning then put the nitrous on the lightning call it a day. dont put it on the cavy unless you want 2 cars down
Saturday, November 10, 2007 4:20 PM
I don't think a 50 shot will kill it i talked to a couple people everyone just said no more than 10 secounds at a time and make sure your over 3000 rpm
Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:30 PM
im not saying you cant i just wouldnt suggest it
Monday, November 12, 2007 9:45 AM
Then why didn't mine blow after a dozen bottles or more, Tyler? Please tell me that was a joke and not a serious statement.

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:28 AM
the first statement was a joke but the rest is being honest. why in the world would you spend the time in putting the kit on a dd if your going to turn around and put it back on the lightning to me thats pointless and a waste of time and why would you even want to risk having both your cars down
Monday, November 12, 2007 11:40 AM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:the first statement was a joke but the rest is being honest. why in the world would you spend the time in putting the kit on a dd if your going to turn around and put it back on the lightning to me thats pointless and a waste of time and why would you even want to risk having both your cars down

seems to be that the OP doesn't think it is.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:44 AM
im stating my thoughts trying to help the guy out isnt that why he came her to ask
Quote:

What would you say the safest and cheapest way to do this is
and the cheapest and safest way to do it is not at all. but w/e let him find out the hard way
Monday, November 12, 2007 12:15 PM
When I read the original post, I didn't "gather" that he wouldn't leave it on this car permanently, I guess

Monday, November 12, 2007 12:36 PM
Quote:

I have a nitious kit im going to put on my Lightning

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:10 AM
Tony wrote:so i think just for fun im going to put it on the sunfire its a dry shot Nos brand.

There's no "for now" or "temporarily" or "until the truck is fixed" in there at all (if you wanna get technical)

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:59 AM
well either way it doesnt matter end of post
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search