nitrous questions for a 2200 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nitrous questions for a 2200
Monday, April 07, 2008 12:02 PM
ok i just have a few minor ?s about nitrous. ive read a few stickies and i know that about a 35-50 shot is safe if you know how to use it. ive never sealt with nitrous so i was wondering where the best place to read up about it and learn when to spray and how to safely spray. i mean there are hundreds of different kits out there so im sure whats the right way for one kit isnt the best for the other. ive also heard that the zex kit is a constant spray kit? not sure what that means. i really want to run a 35 shot because i dont think that my motor will handle a 50 shot for very long.

Re: nitrous questions for a 2200
Monday, April 07, 2008 1:06 PM
ive ran four full bottles with a 35 shot through my ln2 with a ton of miles. Ive also ran a 50 shot a couple times and its been good, also keep in mind though that the more nitrous you put in then the more fuel that has to be sprayed. Also a very key fact to nitrous is keeping pressure at the sweet point, which would be 950-1050, you can do this with a bottle heater and a pressure gauge or use Nitrogen Assisted Nitrous Oxide a.k.a. NANO. I know a few guys that are running NANO and they completely love it because it keeps pressure constant. Basically it keeps a constant pressure through out the entire run instead of loosing pressure and eventually your shot dying down.

to answer you question, you can check out these sites:
nitrous oxide 101
car craft project on nitrous

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 07, 2008 1:21 PM

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:14 AM
This is a good link to start reading up on nitrous:

NOS FAQ

You can typically run half of your stock motor output RELIABLY. So if your 2200 puts out 115h.p. stock, a 50-shot is within the safe limits of a nitrous shot.

I ran 40, 50 and 60-shots on my 2200 when it was just bottle-fed. I put MANY bottles through that motor on highway runs, 35mph pulls and nitrous burn-outs and never had one issue. The kit I used should be listed in my profile under engine mods. Last I knew, NOS didn't offer a 35-shot; 40 should be the lowest and I don't think that's changed.

Monday, June 30, 2008 6:37 PM
i think you can get away with a 75 shot . i ran a 100 shot on mine for some time but i had some upgrade to do this . but the bottom end was still stock . the motor still ran great when i pulled it for the built motor .

if you arent spraying your just playing !!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search