Total Hp With Nitrous? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Total Hp With Nitrous?
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:21 PM
Right so I just purchased a new Zex kit for my car its the 55-75 shot kit. I also bought the racers tuning kit to go with it. I realise that these numbers may not necessarily mean that I gain the same amount at the wheels, in fact im almost certain thats not the case. But anyways I am wondering how much approx HP you guys think ill be pushing with the I/H/E lightweight crank pulley and a 75 shot which is what ill try at the track.

Re: Total Hp With Nitrous?
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:39 PM
Hit the dyno and find out.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 4:32 PM
what exactly is the racers tuning kit?

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 8:57 PM
click link

should give you a good idea you just have to fill in the figures that go along with your application, also as far as HP i believe they just use a general percentage friction loss through the drive train. Of course every single car is going to be different because there are too many factors to consider but it should give you a good idea.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:23 AM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:what exactly is the racers tuning kit?

Its purge kit, bottle warmer, blow down tube, and a guage.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:29 PM
Yeah thanks for link, it seems to be pretty accurate because when I input the Nitrous Jet size its within like 0.001" of the Fuel jet size supplied so im thinking its a good guess. Says with the 75 shot I should expect about 61 hp at wheels which aint too shabby. If I were bone stock that would be approx 205 hp because i think we run about 145hp stock with the 2.2 eco. So with the upgrades I have is it reaching to claim around 220 hp with that 75 shot?
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 7:42 PM
rollie785 (Almir) wrote:

That's the Nitrous Express GEN-X Accessory Package which has nothing to do with tuning.

James Zandbeek wrote:Yeah thanks for link, it seems to be pretty accurate because when I input the Nitrous Jet size its within like 0.001" of the Fuel jet size supplied so im thinking its a good guess. Says with the 75 shot I should expect about 61 hp at wheels which aint too shabby. If I were bone stock that would be approx 205 hp because i think we run about 145hp stock with the 2.2 eco. So with the upgrades I have is it reaching to claim around 220 hp with that 75 shot?

I'd say to expect around 190whp with a 75 shot but nitrous is hard to gauge.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:52 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:
rollie785 (Almir) wrote:

That's the Nitrous Express GEN-X Accessory Package which has nothing to do with tuning.

James Zandbeek wrote:Yeah thanks for link, it seems to be pretty accurate because when I input the Nitrous Jet size its within like 0.001" of the Fuel jet size supplied so im thinking its a good guess. Says with the 75 shot I should expect about 61 hp at wheels which aint too shabby. If I were bone stock that would be approx 205 hp because i think we run about 145hp stock with the 2.2 eco. So with the upgrades I have is it reaching to claim around 220 hp with that 75 shot?

Here is the link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZEX-82001-Nitrous-Racers-Tuning-Kit-Purge-Heater-Gauge_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQihZ024QQitemZ370064385597QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ive had trhe same thing when i had my Zex Kit
Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:16 PM
you totally got raped if you bought all that for that much, could of spent half of that if you buy it separately!

Friday, July 04, 2008 7:34 AM
Yeah its way too much for it now. C when I bought mine last year they were only 220. So yeah its a rip off.
Friday, July 04, 2008 7:59 AM
rollie785 (Almir) wrote:
JoeyDaBomb wrote:
rollie785 (Almir) wrote:

Here is the link to it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZEX-82001-Nitrous-Racers-Tuning-Kit-Purge-Heater-Gauge_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQihZ024QQitemZ370064385597QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ive had trhe same thing when i had my Zex Kit

So I stand corrected, I still don't know why they call it the "tuning kit".

Monday, July 07, 2008 9:03 AM
The 2.2 Eco is not 145 hp stock for one and for two i would agree with the above that your more looking at 180-190 hp with the 75 shot

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, July 25, 2008 6:58 AM
i thought the 2.2 eco was either 140 or 145 hp stock? not to the wheels obviously.. but that's what they rate it at ..

- Check the profile for all mod's. It's up2date!
Friday, July 25, 2008 7:14 AM
I dynoed at 137 with just exhaust...so it's pretty close..

Saturday, July 26, 2008 11:42 AM
RFoGaLX wrote:i thought the 2.2 eco was either 140 or 145 hp stock? not to the wheels obviously.. but that's what they rate it at ..

No, the 2.2 Eco is rated at 140hp @ the crank and the 2.4 is 150@crank,that is the ratings per GM ,but whatever

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:29 PM
Yeah my bad I thought the 140-145 was wheel..lol as if . but it still seems to be quite low ball for 180.. I mean I understand a lot of hp is lost on its way to the wheels but like OhForKav said he dynoed 137 with just exhaust and if the 75 shot pushes approx 61 hp to the wheels and I have a few more upgrades then he did when he dynoed..put 2 and 2 together id say closer to 2 bills..but hey enough talk there is only way to find out right.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search