FPR concearns on a wet kit - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FPR concearns on a wet kit
Sunday, October 12, 2008 6:24 AM
I am just curious... on most Wet kits, it looks like the fuel supply line to the fogger style nozzles is just a T off the high pressure fuel line, and a soleniod....

What happens if the fuel pressure changes? say system voltage drops from use of heavy electrical loads, thus slowing down the fuel pump. Or you change your fuel pump to a higher output unit?

I have read all sorts of stuff about how bad things can happen if you fuel pump wear out and cant supply enough fuel... but what if you have more pressure? how is this all addressed? Does the N2O system have some sort of regulation device of its own? or does it just ASSUME bottle pressure and fuel pressure to be dead on at all times. But if it isnt, sucks to be your engine?

Re: FPR concearns on a wet kit
Sunday, October 12, 2008 2:10 PM
Your gonna lean out, and porbaly blow your engine. Nos makes a pressure regulator if your pressure drops it will shut your nitrous off.
Re: FPR concearns on a wet kit
Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:17 PM
I installed mine on the return side when I had a kit on my ohv. I also ran a fuel pressure safety switch just incase fuel pressure did drop so It would kill the nitrous.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search