timing retard when to - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
timing retard when to
Monday, October 13, 2008 5:49 PM
when is it neccesary to absolutly have to tamper with timing when it comes to nitrous at what shot on a 2.4 ld9 auto. and what els would you recomend be done.

Re: timing retard when to
Monday, October 13, 2008 6:03 PM
100 shot will need to be retatrded to about 9 degrees and youll need colder plus , rlts42's if i remember right kiss your rods good bye with anything over 75 ish. and it all depends on a wet or dry, are you adding extra fuel soleoinds? or just shoving it down its throat? i dont think i would tamper with nitrous in a car that just had a head gasket replaced, or doesn't have a cometic gasket and or arp studs in the head.

jason

Monday, October 13, 2008 7:44 PM
lol jason couldnt you have just called to tell me the same @!#$ i would have expected you to tell me lol you know im getting the gasket and the studs thats clear. but how to from you would be great as to how to properly get it to mix with fuel as a wet shot to my car which your familiar with would be great. but than this and that would be neccesary im guessing... just getting oppions here.

thank you.
Monday, October 13, 2008 9:58 PM
lots of money......

1. arp head stud kit 150ish part number (2044204)
2. line boaring ( motor out of the car) 220 ish
3. just found out that you cannot use the msd dis-2 that i am running with out doing the 2200 ohv coil swap for timing retard, but if you do the conversion i think the msd is about 500 on ebay youll need the part number 62112, coil interfacces part number 8770 ( 100) and 2 of the 8224 coils ( 100). just to retard timing.
4. you could do hp tuners but i don't think that youll want to spend that kind of cash as youll probley not know how to accurately tune the parameters.
5. a full wet kit needs 3 solenoids 1. purge 2. fuel 3. nitrous and misc bent hard lines braided lines etc.... correct way is that i have my msd set up with a toggle to only retard the timing when the nitrous is pressed, as you don't want to drive with retarded timing all day. the msd ign. has 2 rev limiters and boost retard as well as tach output and nitrous retard.

either way you look at it by the time that you spend this kind of money you can damn near build the motor and then spray it.

what happened to the supercharger idea?
ps i did try to call u and it went right to voicemail.
jason

Monday, October 13, 2008 10:05 PM
jason norwood wrote:100 shot will need to be retatrded to about 9 degrees and youll need colder plus , rlts42's if i remember right kiss your rods good bye with anything over 75 ish. and it all depends on a wet or dry, are you adding extra fuel soleoinds? or just shoving it down its throat? i dont think i would tamper with nitrous in a car that just had a head gasket replaced, or doesn't have a cometic gasket and or arp studs in the head.

jason

9 degrees timing?!?!?! Did you just make that number up in your head? Do you even have any idea of what degree your timing is at stock, if you did you would know how dumb your answer is. If you want to retarded the timing, 4 degrees for a 100 shot is plenty safe. People have run 100 shots on 2.4's before with no problems, I'm not saying yours would handle it but I'm just saying it's been done before.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:54 AM
my bad phone was off lol and well like said im not trying to go to huge here with the shot just seeing whats safe so need oppinions
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search