shaved head w/ nitrous? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
shaved head w/ nitrous?
Monday, November 17, 2008 6:25 PM
So, I have the '99 2200 motor. I'm looking for a decently streetable car. I am going to put in forged pistons, and debating whether or not to put in forged rods. Should I shave my head? Would the added compression be too much? Im going to start out with a 50 shot. How hard is it to put a direct port set-up on these motors? I would like to work up to a 100 shot.

Re: shaved head w/ nitrous?
Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:59 PM
I think you should do more research on nitrous. direct port is over kill. a wet intake shot will give you 100 easy. decent rods and pistons is more than enough for 100 shot. you'll need to get te ignition timing retarted. my dad's friend has a 438 swapped race motor with 14.7:1 compression and he runs a 150 shot. so the compression wouldnt be a problem. but more compression = more time in tuning and danger anytime with nitrous.

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Sunday, February 08, 2009 7:06 AM
Dont know about the 2200 motors, but my 96 2.2 is all stock inside. Water pump locked up, overheated the motor and warped the head.. Had the head milled 30thousandths, put it all back togetherand it runs perfectly. Not long after that I slapped a NOS big shot kit on it. Like you I didnt wanna start out too high so I started with a wet 50 shot to the intake and it worked out pretty good, but I wanted more! So I ultimately ended up doin a 100 shot and it works great.. I can hit that 110 on th.. e speedo pretty quick.. all on stock internals.. Good luck with your build though.. Ive been runnin mine with the 100 shot for a couple years now and still runnin strong..
Monday, February 09, 2009 1:32 PM
Contact a guy here named Agent Omega,he has a pretty built 2200 with nitrous

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search