Is Nitrous Flammable - Nitrous Oxide Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Is Nitrous Flammable
Monday, April 06, 2009 5:37 PM
Thats the question. I just wanna see how many people think it is, BECAUSE ITS NOT!!! The fast and furious movies dont help this at all either. Yes this is a pointless thread of ranting, but its also a good poll of who thinks what. so bring it on!!! lol

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.

Re: Is Nitrous Flammable
Monday, April 06, 2009 5:52 PM

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Monday, April 06, 2009 5:54 PM
Sure nitrous is flammable.............. when mixed with octane.

Monday, April 06, 2009 7:38 PM
ik!! so many people think it is flammable tho, and its really annoying!!

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Monday, April 06, 2009 8:45 PM

rofl

Monday, April 06, 2009 8:59 PM
it says right on the bottle label that its not flamable

Monday, April 06, 2009 9:51 PM
I think the question hes asking is there a chance i could burn my car to the ground if i use nitrous? from what i know back fire or fuel puddling could cause a fire not because of the No2 its self but because the pop in the manifold could break a injector loose or open a fuel line. When fuel splashes or sprays every where it could land on some thing hot and catch fire. on the eco the manifold is plastic so fuel puddling issues do happen do to low bottle pressure and could pop the intake manifold and cause this to happen. Nan nitrous does not use a bottle warmer from what i can tell so that would take care of that. Also www.vulcanturbo.com has a metal intake manifold.
also make sure your injectors, fuel pump, and coil pack are in good condition. http://www.nanonitrous.com/products/universal.html
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:03 AM
im not really asking can i burn my car down, i wanna see how many people think it is flammable, especially since in the f&f 4, dom uses n2o to blow up his car. good movie but when i saw that im like great, now more people think its flammable.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 7:36 PM
Its a movie... it has expensive effects such as his car blowing up from the nitrous..... its not supposed to make sense

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:11 PM
ik but it gives so many people the wrong impression and it makes nitrous look bad.

Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:16 PM
dont drop that cigarette lighter lol

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, April 10, 2009 8:30 AM
02 silver cavy wrote:ik but it gives so many people the wrong impression and it makes nitrous look bad.

I was @!#$ certain you had to be like 16, but then I checked your profile and you're 20. WTF is the matter with you?

Friday, April 10, 2009 11:20 AM
hahah. im sry but im a very picky person. I cant stand it when people think it is flammable. Hey, i warned you this is a ranting thread.

Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:22 PM
it is flammable its on the movies so it has to be true

Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:10 PM
>:o Sorry

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 1:49 PM
stephen steele wrote:it is flammable its on the movies so it has to be true

just like when you shoot someone's trunk as they are trying to get away and the trunk explodes into a fireball and flips over. Completely true! DUH!

IDK about you, but I read labels of things that I am injecting into my vehicle.

Friday, May 08, 2009 10:36 PM
Isaak wrote:Sure nitrous is flammable.............. when mixed with octane.

I think he was just tryin to iritate you.^^^^ cuz this is pretty lame. this is something a 15 yearold would make a thread about. Nitrous Oxide is an oxidizer. Its not flammable. okk....

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Friday, May 15, 2009 11:23 PM
stephen steele wrote:it is flammable its on the movies so it has to be true

thank god im not the only smart person here. if it happened in f&f then its true. they cant make a movie with fake stuff otherwise no one would watch it duh.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:12 PM
Funny. You watched it. That must make you smart

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:15 AM
What do you think would happen if you purged some nitrous into the face of someone who has a cigarette in their mouth? Curious, thats all..

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:03 PM
Put the cigarette out, had a burst dic blow on me while installing the main line before. That @!#$ sucks balls.

Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:00 PM
yup put it out and proceed to freeze ur face >_<.... nearly froze my finger off one day disconnecting the line to fill the bottle once from n2o still in the line sittin.... that $hit is cold! lol

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Monday, June 15, 2009 6:27 PM
Well, since it's that kind of thread...
It's not cold. It's simply giving up it's heat of compression as it returns to atmospheric pressure!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Cavalier
2.2 Ecotec Supercharged w/ 2.9" pulley
Charge air cooler
Poly bushings - lower control arm and engine/trans
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 5:11 PM
i love this thread

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 5:33 PM
lol, way to dig it up, funny read though for sure.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search