Questions about Fuel pumps and N2O - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions about Fuel pumps and N2O
Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:42 PM
All the following questions are in relation to fuel pumps running with a N2O kit

At what size shot will I need to upgrade my fuel pump?

Can I run an aftermarket hi flow in line fuel pump instead of an in tank model?

If I run an in line fuel pump, what do I do about the stock in tank fuel pump? Leave it alone? Unhook it?

Can my stock FPR handle running an aftermarket fuel pump?

This is a Base model (2200) '02 swapped to an Ecotec (L61) 5spd

Re: Questions about Fuel pumps and N2O
Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:32 AM
Your stock pump will be fine unless you plan on going with a really big shot. If you wanted, an inline is a easy add on to run with the stock pump but those farkers are annoying and probably not needed unless you're planning on going with a much larger set of injectors.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:48 PM
Well I'm getting a kit in the next couple of days and I'm just looking at doing everything possible that is needed right now to be safe. I'm starting with a 25-35 shot. See if everything goes well and practice launching some at the track with new found power. I'm deciding on a brand/style header and then I will move to a 50 and eventually by the end of the year I should be on a 75. I will stay there until I build the bottom end to take 150+.

I don't mind buying parts as I need them, but I want to be safe. Not that this is my DD but I'd prefer to get as much fun out of it as long as possible and everybody seems to have different opinions (and luck) about what is needed and what's a good idea.

So, my fuel pump is stock and has about 90k miles (car, not engine) on it. It hasn't given me any problems so far, but I was thinking with this new demand form the N2O kit to supply more fuel I might want to get a new pump. My trunk is stripped out clear, but I don't really want to go in the tank unless I need to. So, you say I can add on an in line pump if I want to be safe. Will my stock fuel pressure regulator be fine?

I've read many times that the Eco's stock injectors run at 110% duty at WOT, so I will replace those but do I need to now or wait till I go to a bigger shot and start tuning with HPT &MSD?

Thanks for reading Joey. Much respect for you

Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:08 PM
your stock fuel pump WILL be fine for a 75 shot. If you are going to install an inline pump then you should install it as close to the tank as possible. Inlines are better pushers than pullers. So if you are to install it in the engine bay it will be pulling the majority of the fuel. if you install it close to the tank then it is pushing the majority of the fuel.

If you are running a wet/direct port shot you shouldn't have to replace your injectors being that the fuel jet will compensate for the added power.

An inline, all tho not required, is recommended.

When I ran my direct port on my cav I had an inline MSD fuel pump, full MSD ignition, consisting of coil pack, DIS-2 and 8.5 super wires. MSD window switch, colder plugs, and fuel pressure switch which would shut down the nitrous solenoid if the fuel pressure went under XXpsi. AKA I liked my motor in one piece. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search